Alport Syndrome

How is nephropathy related to eyes and ears?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 15-years-old. My native kidney biopsy is: Microscopic description: The sample contains renal cortex, with 21 glomeruli (8 of them globally sclerosed). Some glomeruli reveal mild mesangial matrix expansion, marked glomerular hypertrophy, segmental glomerulosclerosis in 4 glomer...  Read Full »

Dr. Manzoor Ahmad Parry

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query and the biopsy report. Can you tell me what were the kidney functions of the patient (urea and creatinine)? Also, tell me the urine examination of the patient and if 24-hour urine protein was done? Is there any family history of kidney failure? Wer...  Read Full »