Q. Is it possible to have increased pain after taking homeopathic medicine for anal fissure?

Dr. Sheetal Kamble

I have an anal fissure. I am taking homeopathy for the past 25 days. It worked for the first 20 days, but for the past five days, my pain has increased significantly. Is it homeopathy aggravation or something else?

Do you have a question on Anal Fissure or Homeopathy?

Ask a Doctor Now

Dr. Sheetal Kamble

BHMS., MPH
Homeopathy

Welcome to icliniq.com

Can you please mention the name of the homeopathic remedy taken? The increased pain after an immense relief can be due to two reasons. The first, the given remedy acted superficially hence you noticed immediate relief. However, since the action of remedy is not completed it stopped working at a certain point where you started getting pain again. The second reason is the aggravation of homeopathic remedy which occurs if the remedy is taken too often in large doses. It is important to know how many doses and in which potency the remedy was taken. If this is an aggravation of remedy, stop the remedy, the pain will subside slowly over the time. If the pain does not subside completely, you can take Nux Vomica 200C one dose (four pills or two drops in a spoon of water) once a day for three days. This remedy will help to reduce the aggravation.

Also, it is important to know if the fissure has started to heal in the last 20 days or has it got worse. This can be determined by the physician who will perform the physical examination. Hence, I would advise you to consult a physician and get it checked.

Also Read Answers From: Anal Fissure Homeopathy

Can an anal fissure heal on its own?
Query: Hi doctor, After passing stool yesterday, I noticed bright red blood on the toilet paper after wiping. Now today after passing stool, I noticed a bit of bright red blood on the toilet seat, but not in the stool and a bit when wiping. I am suffering from a bit of pain when this happens, and the bleed...  Read Full »
Dr. Happykumar Kagathara

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. Your symptoms are consistent with anal fissure. Yes, fissure will heal on its own, provided it will get a proper environment. An anal fissure can be prevented by avoiding constipation. Because constipation will produce more pressure on...  Read Full »

What homeopathy medicines can help atherosclerosis?
Query: Hello doctor, My calcium coronary score is very high around 1800. Can you prescribe me homeopathic medicines which can effectively treat the plaque and atherosclerosis? I would prefer preparations from established medical companies. Have you heard of R12 from Dr Reckeweg? Please opine on the same t...  Read Full »
Dr. Potnuru Srinivaasa Sudhakar
Homeopathic Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Calcium coronary score (CCS) increase causes the development of coronary artery disease. It causes fatty plaque formation in the coronary artery leading to narrowing of the artery. It is also called as cardiac calcium scoring. For men, CCS has 15-year mortality ran...  Read Full »

Homeopathy: Myths and Facts
Article Overview: Homeopathy is a therapeutic system of medicine that has been in use since the 18th century. Questions about its effectiveness have been raised by many. There are also a lot of misconceptions about this stream of medicine. This article discusses various myths surrounding homeopathy versus the facts.  Read Article »
Dr. Adnan Reyaz Ahmed Siddiqui
Homeopathic Physician

In spite of homeopathy being the second largest system of treatment in the world, there are still many myths regarding homeopathy. Myth 1. Homoeopathy pills are nothing but placebo pills (an inactive pill with no therapeutic effect). Fact 1. Homoeopathy is being practiced for the last 200 years an ...  Read Article »

Trending

Trending

Ask a Doctor Now