Anti Hbe

Is it possible to cure hepatitis B?

Query: Hello doctor, I am hepatitis B patient. My current status is as follows. HBeAg - negative (0.010), HBV E antibody or Ag - positive (0.031) and HBV DNA quantitative (PCR) less than 17.1 IU/mL. Please advise whether this can be cured to become negative as it is affecting my career.  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. When both anti-HBe (anti-hepatitis B E antigen) and HBsAg (hepatitis B surface antigen) are positive (HBeAg - negative), there is reduced infectivity and the patient is expected to resolve the infection spontaneously. The Anti-HBe antibodies may be detectable in a chro...  Read Full »

HBV DNA level got lowered in seven months. Is it normal?

Query: Hello doctor, My husband had his blood test taken six months back and his HPV DNA level was 777 IU/ml. We went back for another blood test seven months later and it went down to 267 IU/ml. Is this good or bad? He has no scarring or damage to his liver and is not on any medications. He only found ou...  Read Full »

Dr. Sultan Zeb Khan

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I think you mean HBV DNA rather than HPV. I would want to know about the ALT level of the patient as well as HBeAg and anti-HBe. After that, the exact phase of hepatitis B could be identified.  Read Full »

When would a hepatitis antigen be considered as positive?

Query: Hello doctor, Recently, a friend said he was hepatitis antigen reactive whose titer was 37.46/34.29. His doctor suggested a confirmatory test. At what level would the antigen be assumed to be positive?  Read Full »

Dr. Chandra Prakash Tanwar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your friend is tested to be positive for hepatitis B in the pre employment screening. It is very common to see an HBsAg positive result in a screening. Hepatitis B infection remains asymptomatic for decades, silently causing damage to the liver cells leading to cirrhos...  Read Full »

My husband was diagnosed with hepatitis B. How to proceed further?

Query: Hi doctor, My husband was diagnosed with hepatitis B. What will I do now?  Read Full »

Dr. Babu Lal Meena

Child Health Specialist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, Medical Gastroenterologist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. When someone has hepatitis B, first we need to know about the status of liver and then we can plan for the treatment. Do anti-HBc IgM, HBeAg, Anti-HBe, HBV DANA quantification, LFT (liver function test), CBC (complete blood count) and AFP (alpha-fetoprotein), ultrasound ...  Read Full »