Q. Will anxiety and depression get worse if I stop taking Ashwagandha?

Dr. Sheetal Kamble
Published on Oct 08, 2019 and last reviewed on: Oct 12, 2019

I have started using Ashwagandha as a natural supplement for depression and anxiety. I have been feeling much better even after my doctor has reduced my sleeping medicines and antidepressant. My concern is if I stop using the Ashwagandha, will the depression anxiety return or get worse?

#

I understand your concern regarding getting the depression back once you stop Ashwagandha. I would advise you to continue taking Ashwagandha till you feel a good amount of improvement in your depression. Also, start doing meditation, and some yoga poses for getting rid of depression problems. Then gradually reduce the dose of Ashwagandha so that your body gets used to the reduced doses of Ashwagandha. Do not stop using it immediately. Make sure you do it gradually. This will help to maintain your health, and most likely, you will not get back with the previous symptoms. I hope I have answered your questions.

| 

Are Ashwagandha and Shilajit good for boosting testosterone while body building?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 28 years old. 80 kg and 5 feet 7 inches. Regular to the gym. Instead of using any artificial testosterone or any type of supplement in the gym, I recently found out about Ashwagandha and Shilajit which are natural and provide a testosterone boost naturally. Is it safe to consume 600...  Read Full »

Postpartum Depression

Article Overview: Postpartum depression (PPD) or postnatal depression is a kind of depression that affects a new mother. 80 % of all new moms experience baby blues, but if the symptoms are severe and it starts affecting your ability to care for your baby, then it is a sign of postpartum depression. Read Article

Dr. Sneha Kannan

Postpartum Depression Postpartum depression (PPD) or postnatal depression is a kind of depression that affects a new mother. 80 % of all new moms experience baby blues, but if the symptoms are severe and it starts affecting your ability to care for your baby, then it is a sign of postpartum depress...  Read Article

Can Anxiety And Stress Cause Frequent Urination?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 34 year old male. I had anxiety issues since childhood. I have been jumping from one idea to another for a long time but it has been three years I have an issue with frequent urination. It started in a bad time for me when I was obsessing that I have HIV. No burning, just sligh...  Read Full »

Ask a Homeopathic Physician Now