Q. Will anxiety and depression get worse if I stop taking Ashwagandha?

Dr. Sheetal Kamble
This is a premium question & answer published on Oct 08, 2019 and last reviewed on: Oct 12, 2019

I have started using Ashwagandha as a natural supplement for depression and anxiety. I have been feeling much better even after my doctor has reduced my sleeping medicines and antidepressant. My concern is if I stop using the Ashwagandha, will the depression anxiety return or get worse?

#

I understand your concern regarding getting the depression back once you stop Ashwagandha. I would advise you to continue taking Ashwagandha till you feel a good amount of improvement in your depression. Also, start doing meditation, and some yoga poses for getting rid of depression problems. Then gradually reduce the dose of Ashwagandha so that your body gets used to the reduced doses of Ashwagandha. Do not stop using it immediately. Make sure you do it gradually. This will help to maintain your health, and most likely, you will not get back with the previous symptoms. I hope I have answered your questions.

|