Anxiolytics

How to get relieved from severe exhaustion?

Query: Hello, I’m a 23 y/o female and for the the past few months I’ve been overcome with extreme exhaustion, small tasks wear me out. This has been accompanied by slight dizziness and getting SOB easily on exertion. This tiredness started last year and it is also associated with my eyes feelin...  Read Full »

Dr. Zubayeralam

Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Pulmonologist, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: hi thnx for the query. I can understand ur concern. according to ur statement u have been suffering from exhaustion,fatigue,dizziness,shortness of breath,loss of concentration,forgetfulness and absent mindedness. I have gone through ur investigation result and found that ur MCH and MCHC r slightly...  Read Full »

Please help me deal with childhood abuse.

Query: Hello doctor, I am on 100 mg Sertraline for my anxiety and depression. I was abused as a child, but nobody knows that. I am struggling to deal with this and I am losing control. I am hardly sleeping and I get very aggressive. I am contemplating hurting those people who abused me and I cannot stop t...  Read Full »

Dr. Parth Singh

Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Sexologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. What do you think about your current medication? Is Sertraline helping you? If not, then you need to tell your treating doctor about it. Usually an antidepressant or anxiolytic medication begins to melt down anxiety and depression within two weeks and results are apparent...  Read Full »

What is the cause of recurrent chest pain in my mother?

Query: Hello doctor, My mother is having severe chest pain and this has been the case every year during this period. She has consulted a lot many doctors and she took all the prescriptions as per them every year then it goes away only to reappear again during the next year. She is also being upset due to...  Read Full »

Criticalcare Physician, Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Gastroenterologist, Nephrologist, Pulmonologist, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You need to understand first of all that every chest pain should be taken as heart problems until proved otherwise. So if previously ECG (electrocardiography) has been done, you should get it done again. If the cardiac part is clear, I would say that she probably has p...  Read Full »

How necessary is neuromuscular block during surgery?

Query: Hi doctor, I am going to have laparoscopic surgery to remove an ovarian dermoid cyst. I am afraid of being under general anesthesia in the presence of neuromuscular blocks. Is there a way to ensure that I am unconscious before administering the neuromuscular block? I have read a horrible story abo...  Read Full »

General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Normally, all anesthesia, you can see are just a prick of a needle. So, if you do not fear the prick of a needle then you need not worry. Once the needle is pricked and the medicine goes in your body, you will not realize any pain neither remember anything. You would be ...  Read Full »

Can anxiolytic cause decreased heart rate?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 49-year-old male. 100 kg. 180 cm. I exercise Cardio regularly however carry a little extra weight. I suffer from anxiety and are presently on inderal lyrica and Prozac. Over the past 2 weeks I have noticed my resting heart rate on my smart watch is about 48 bpm. Traditionally i...  Read Full »

Dr. Isaac Gana

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concerns, do not worry you will be fine. The Inderal you are taking is what is reducing your heart rate. A 48 bpm to 58 bpm is not bad so long you are not experiencing symptoms like fainting or shortness you are fine. I advise you to countinue to m...  Read Full »

How can I quit taking ES Nax Plus without having any withdrawal symptoms?

Query: Hi doctor,I am taking ES Nax Plus (Escitalopram 10 mg, Clonazepam 0.5 mg) since last one year for anxiety. Now, I want to cut this medicine but after stopping this for some days, now I am feeling anxious, lightheadedness, increased pulse, etc. Previously, I also tried to cut the medicine and felt th...  Read Full »

Dr. Penchala Prasad Kandikattu

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Sudden stopping of the above drug may cause withdrawal symptoms. So you can start with slow withdrawal like take above tablet half every day or full tablet alternate day for three months. Then dose may be reduced to weekly 2 to 3 times for two months, then weekly 1 t...  Read Full »

My mom is under stress and crying a lot. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, My mom is under stress, and she is crying a lot. Suddenly, she started making some noise repeatedly, she was not able to open her eyes, and she had trouble breathing.  Read Full »

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Any one having extreme stress will try to escape it. This is called conversion disorder, which means the brain tries to escape from extreme stress. In most of the cases, from grief. It can be prevented by anxiolytics like benzodiazepines. Regards. For more information con...  Read Full »

I have pelvic pain, and my left leg is numb and tingly. Can it be an anxiety attack?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been having some pelvic pain in the lower left side for a couple of weeks. I went to the doctor, and he said everything looked fine. So, I thought maybe it is a muscle strain in the groin area. Today two hours back, I was sitting on the floor for 20 to 30 minutes, and my entire...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. We need to evaluate stroke with such description. This could be an anxiety attack, but ruling out stroke is utmost important. In such a case, I would recommend you to go to a nearby ER and get evaluated clinically. If they find any evidence of stroke, they will get your...  Read Full »