Aripiprazole

How is delusional jealousy treated?

Query: Hi doctor, My dad is suffering from a delusion of jealousy for the last three years. What is the treatment for it? The main problem is that my dad has no insight of his problem. How much time will it take to recover? Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Sonia Malhotra

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The treatment is antipsychotic medicines like Olanzapine, Aripiprazole, etc., followed by insight oriented psychotherapy after remission. But, please ensure that there are no other symptoms like delusions of persecution or control, hearing voices, sleep and appetite chang...  Read Full »

How to cure my husband's behavioral issues?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 28 years old and my husband is 40 years old. We got married before nine months. My husband has been suffering from psychosis since two years, but I came to know this only after marriage. He is using Arpit 10 mg and Dyskinil. I just wanted to know about his health condition. He left...  Read Full »

Dr. Kumarshri Shriniwas Saraswat

Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Psychotherapist, Sexologist, Sleep Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your description of his complaints is suggestive that he suffers from paranoid schizophrenia. It is not congenital. It begins in early adulthood most often and there is no complete cure. But, it is very much treatable with proper doses of antipsychotic medicines....  Read Full »

Will lower dose of Abilify ease my dizziness and sleepy feel?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been taking Solian 50 mg and Lorans 1 mg daily for mild schizophrenic thoughts and anxiety. It has been stable for a few years until my period stops because of Solian. My doctor prescribed Abilify 5 mg a few days ago to replace Solian, so my period can be normal again. But I f...  Read Full »

Dr. Vishal Anilkumar Gandhi

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your situation. You should take tablet Abilify 5 mg at night and try to stop the tablet Lorans 1 mg. Tablet Loran (Lorazepam) is sedative and anti-anxiety. It is more responsible for sedation rather than the only tablet Abilify. You should try to tak...  Read Full »

I feel tired and anxious after taking Abilify. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, I am so anxious and sleeping 9 to 10 hours per day. It has begun when I start taking Abilify pills and Akineton. Why I feel so tired every day?  Read Full »

Dr. Nidhi Jain Bukharia

General Practitioner, Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Sexologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please answer me a few more questions. Do you have any of the following symptoms? Persistent low mood, disturbed appetite, loss of interest in previously pleasurable activities, ideas of hopelessness, ideas of helplessness, ideas of suicide and persistent headache. Wh...  Read Full »

How to help my extremely depressed and angry mom?

Query: Hi doctor, My mom is extremely depressed and showing the anger towards my dad with the wrong assumptions. She is not at all listening to our words. Whenever we advise on this, she is showing abnormal anger, which is unusual. I tried to take her to a psychiatrist, but she is not ready to come. She ha...  Read Full »

Dr. Parth Singh

Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Sexologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. First of all we need to establish whether she is really suffering from depression or any other mental illness. It is quite common to label all mental illnesses as depression. We diagnose a person as a patient of depression if the following symptoms are present for most of...  Read Full »

Does drinking alcohol make Abilify never work again?

Query: Hi doctor, A person used Abilify and drank alcohol heavily on Abilify. Then switched medications and quit drinking for years. Can that person go back to Abilify again? Will it work? Or does drinking alcohol make the medication never work again? Please explain.  Read Full »

Dr. Sathya Prakash

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Abilify (Aripiprazole) effects can be reduced simultaneously by using alcohol at that point of time. It means, at the time you are taking alcohol as well as Abilify, the medicine may not be able to exert its full effect. But, its effects are not reduced in the fashion t...  Read Full »

For schizophrenia, what medications should be taken without it affecting the professional life?

Query: I have schizophrenia and am on medication. My query relates to how much of medication to have that it has least impact on my professional life. My earlier symptoms related to auditory hallucinations and these were handled through medication and a visit to the rehab for 4 months, last year. I am cu...  Read Full »

Dr. Parth Nagda

Answer: Hello sir. Thanks for your detailed query. I would like to know first that do you have any symptoms still? Or are you doing completely well with the medicines..i guess you've mentioned for the past year you've been doing fine. So im assuming you don't have any symptoms now. Also you've mentioned a...  Read Full »

Please suggest recommendations to quit bipolar medications.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a patient of bipolar disorder. I am not experiencing bipolar disorder symptoms for more than two years. So, can I leave medication gradually? I have completed my education during my treatment. I was diagnosed with this disorder a few years back. I am constantly being treated for ...  Read Full »

Dr. Parth Nagda

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Normally, after the first episode of bipolar illness, medicines are advised to be taken for one year and stopped slowly. After a second relapse it is advised for two or three years and then stopped. For the third relapse, it is to be continued lifelong. If you have t...  Read Full »

Will Modafinil help to increase alertness and cognition?

Query: Hello doctor, I have taken Fluoxetine 80 mg for refractory OCD for about six years now, obsessions are 90 percent controlled so I am not currently taking it now. But sometimes I have mood fluctuations also so currently I have started Aripiprazole 20 mg. The problem is that I feel sleepy in the day...  Read Full »

Dr. Ravi M Soni

Geriatrician, Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Sexologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query and understood your concerns. First of all, why have you stopped Fluoxetine? Who advised that? Were you seeing a psychiatrist? Who has advised Aripiprazole? Do you have any improvement in your mood fluctuations from it? Aripiprazole as such does not ...  Read Full »

What should be done to overcome depression other than medication?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 24-year-old male. I am a dental student, and I suffered from clinical depression five years ago. I consulted a psychiatrist, and since then I was on antidepressant Sertraline, antipsychotic Aripiprazole, and Divalproex. Three years after the treatment when the symptoms sub...  Read Full »

Dr. Suresh Kumar G D

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician, Psychiatrist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is good to know that you are able to function well at present and medication has been helpful. I note that you are currently on Escitalopram, Aripiprazole, and Divalproex. You have reported suffering from clinical depression, stress, and social phobia. Since you e...  Read Full »