Autism Spectrum Disorder

Is there a specific doctor who diagnosis autism in adults?

Query: Hello! I wanted to ask about autism, specifically autism in adults. I am a 21 year old adult, and I have a confirmed anxiety disorder. I did research and looked up information on autism after hearing some of the possible symptoms from someone online, and realizing that some of them I felt applied to...  Read Full »

Dr. Anil Kumar Kumawat

Answer: hello, I can understand about ur feelings, autism spectrum disorder has problems in three main areas: 1.Social interactions 2.Verbal and nonverbal communication 3.Repetitive or ritualistic behaviors. I am writing some common symptoms of autism in adult: 1.Person has Difficulty in interpreting what...  Read Full »

Can autism result in behavior change in a 5-year-old?

Query: My son is 5 yrs old a male 45 lbs and 3foot 4 inches he is extremely sensitive to loud sound when he is angry he lashes out at who ever he is angry with troughs and brakes things. When you try to talk about or work things out with him he ignores you like your not even there. Also he wa as well on h...  Read Full »

Dr. Anuj Khandelwal

Answer: Autism is a spectrum and not just one or two symptoms. As you have mentioned that after a visit to a relative he started not going to poop in toilet so it can be the cause. Children don't say anything but observes and learn. So may be rather than asking why you may use different parenting techniques...  Read Full »

What are the signs of communication problems in a child?

Query: Hello doctor, I have twins, a boy and a girl aged 2 years. I noticed that the girl advanced in skills than the boy. In the first few months of life, my son was faster than his sister in the growth and everything. And then, it was reversed. I am a graduate of psychology. I have a brother suffering f...  Read Full »

Andrologist, General Practitioner, Geriatrician, Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Psychotherapist, Sexologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the query with keen interest and understand your concerns. Before making any opinions I need to inform you that take the things in objective manner and not on emotions I understand there is history of autism in the family and it does not mean your c...  Read Full »

What is Asperger syndrome called nowadays?

Query: Hi doctor, I was diagnosed with Asperger syndrome when I was 13 years of age. I am 22 now. How does the DSM-5 change that disorder?  Read Full »

General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Asperger was previously regarded as a separate disorder, but now it is categorized as a form of autism spectrum disorder (ASD) in DSM-5 Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorder). ASD includes, Autism. Asperger disorder. Childhood disintegrative disor...  Read Full »

Will a child operated for ASD have any problem in the future?

Query: Hello doctor, We, husband and wife, are (A+) same blood group. Also, our son is the same blood group (A+). He also had ASD problem treated and surgery also done completed. Will there be any problem for him in the future?  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. If the surgery was done at an earlier age then the prognosis is good. Prognosis also depends on the size of ASD and whether a pulmonary vascular obstruction is present or not. If no pulmonary vessel obstruction is present then the prognosis is very good. As far as ri...  Read Full »

Do vitamin B12 shots cause derealization symptoms?

Query: Hi doctor, I have been suffering from the derealization symptoms for the past 5 years. I believe they were caused by B12 shots I was taking to treat autism. After my brain scan I got to know that my inhibition was too high. I do not find any safety net to keep my mind from deconstructing things. A...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query and understand your concerns. I am sorry to know that you are suffering with multiple problems related to thinking and inhibition. Before saying anything I must assure you that vitamin B12 is not known to cause any of the mentioned symptoms and we ...  Read Full »

After turning 2, my son stopped talking logical words. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, My son is 4 years old. At one and a half years, he was able to talk and copy words fluently but after 2 plus, he stopped talking logical words. He can copy words if he wants though. He has fear of darkness and instant high volume sound. Night watching is also a habit (10 to 12 nights/...  Read Full »

Dr. Baratu Bhaisara

Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As per your history, the child might have autism spectrum disorders. It will be worthwhile to see a developmental pediatrician or a pediatric neurodevelopmental consultant. You need to carry or record his preschool behavior chart when visiting the consultant. If tre...  Read Full »

Are my symptoms related to autism or bipolar disorder?

Query: Hello doctor,I am waiting for an assessment of autism spectrum disorder. In the past few years, I have been misdiagnosed with bipolar, and my current diagnosis is borderline personality disorder. But, I am not sure whats going on really. I am 100 % confident that I am ASD, as it covers my "base pers...  Read Full »

Dr. Aditya Gupta

Psychiatrist, Sexologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It does not appear to be related to autism spectrum disorder. It goes more in favor of bipolar disorder with a current episode of mania. A personality disorder can also be there. The differential diagnoses are: Bipolar disorder. Emotionally unstable personality d...  Read Full »

How can I confirm if my 4 years old son is a normal or an autistic child?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a 4 year old son, and I am a working woman. Recently, I took my son to a doctor to get him treated for a common cold. The doctor asked me about his communication skill as he has doubt that he might be having autism. My husband got angry hearing that there is something wrong with o...  Read Full »

Dr. Deepak Patel

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. Autistic children exhibit impaired social interaction, impaired language in social contacts, and repetitive behavior patterns. There is a spectrum of disorders ranging from mild to severe symptoms. It may be associated with mental retarda...  Read Full »

How to identify if my son has autism?

Query: Hi doctor, My son is 3.2 years old. He has a speech delay and lack of response. We have done his IQ test, and there is no autism in the result. He is hitting himself and grinding teeth. We are very frustrated by his acts. He will do more once we say no to his activity. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The IQ test does not decide autism. It is determined by the clinical symptoms and signs in your child. Some important signs are disinterest in surroundings, delayed learning skills, delayed language, repetitive and aggressive behavior. If these are present in your ch...  Read Full »