Q. Can you tell me a powerful ayurveda medicine to lead a healthy life?

Dr. Arul Amuthan
This is a premium question & answer published on Jun 20, 2018 and last reviewed on: Jul 03, 2019

I am a 25 year old male. I am a healthy person. If I want to maintain this health ever, then I understood that I should balance vata, pitta and kapha (tridoshas) in my body. I have also studied many basic principles of ayurveda for the last three years. Kindly tell me a powerful medicine that always balances tridoshas and seven dhatus in my body. I am already on Triphala. So, please tell me something useful to balance my body equilibrium. Thanks in advance.

Dr. Arul Amuthan

Ayurveda Specialist Naturopathy Pharmacology Siddha Medicine Toxicology
#

According to Indian traditional medicines (ayurveda and siddha), one can be healthy by balancing three life humors and seven body humors.

Drugs that contain all six tastes can do this. For example, amla (gooseberry), triphala, etc. But, in today's lifestyle, these two are not sufficient as you feel and I also agree with you.

Once in a six month, you need to subject you for body service. It means purgation, vomiting (vamanam) and sweating or sputum expectoration are the three procedures to balance vaatham (vata), pitham (pitta) and kapham respectively. This can be effectively done under ayurveda or siddha physicians.

In ayurveda, they do it in panchakarma therapy.

In siddha, it is done in two phases :

• Phase one is to balance three life forces by giving a single dose of Agathiyar kuzhambu (The formula of sage Agastya). This will cause vomiting, diarrhea, sweating, sputum expectoration, etc., according to the vitiate humor. This is a one day therapy and it has to be taken once in six months.
  • Second phase is to balance seven body humors. This is done by taking Kaya kalpam drugs. Ancient Yogi especially Agastya muni and Dhanvantari consumed this Kaya kalpa therapy for long living.

Currently available Kaya kalpam drugs are Triphala tablet, Karisalai karpam tablet, Bhringaraj karpam powder, etc. You can take the first tablet for five months in the morning and evening and then give one month gap.

Then start second or third tablet for the next five months. Again, leave a gap of one month. This should be continued for life long.

I have been using these two tablets. This Triphala karpam tablet is different and enriched with other herbals as well.

Weekly once, you need to use pancha karpa kuliyal choornam. This powder is boiled in milk and then applied over the scalp at morning.

Wait for one hour and then take bath. On that day, you never feel sleepy instead you will be more brisk or refresh.

In addition, once in six months take Agathiyar kuzhambu just once for balancing three dhoshas. I feel this regimen is cheaper and effective than regular Panchakarma.

Early stage brownish or white hairs will also become black. This is the kaya kalpa regimen for a healthy individual.

For further information consult an ayurveda specialist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/ayurveda-specialist

| 

Can Bresol be used to treat asthma?

Query: Hello doctor, Thank you for giving us the first query free. I am 26 years old male suffering from asthma for the past 14 to 15 years. So, I feel shame for myself when I use an inhaler. I am not able to go on tour especially in winter because I do not want to share my worst condition in front of my ...  Read Full »

Is it fine to have the same medicine for years together?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 66 years old male. My weight is 70 kg and height is 5'4". I had lost around 5 kg over a year. I am allergic to dust and will get sneeze and nose blockage following exposure. I am suffering from diabetes, BP, cholesterol, chronic fissure, constipation, occasional gastric problem. My...  Read Full »

About Science of Life: Ayurveda

Article Overview: Ayu means life or longevity and Veda means science or knowledge. It is combinedly known as Ayurveda, that is the science of life or longevity. Read Article

Dr. Raman Kaushik

Ayurveda is one of the ancient systems of traditional medicine. The principles of Ayurveda are to maintain the health of a healthy individual and to alleviate disease in an ill person. Specialties of Ayurveda: Some of the specialties of ayurveda to live a healthy life are, Dinacharya (daily reg...  Read Article

Ask an Ayurveda Specialist Now