Q. What is the quick remedy for back pain due to deadlifts and squats?

Dr. Jay Indravadan Patel
This is a premium question & answer published on Aug 23, 2019 and last reviewed on: Aug 28, 2019

I am a 19-year-old male. Three weeks ago, I did deadlifts and squats on the same day. I have been training for two years, and I never faced any lower back issues. I experienced pain and soreness in my lower back about two days and a week goes I thought it was a little pain, and I did deadlifts again this time the pain was so bad that till date I could not bend my back like I used to do.

It was slowly recovering, and I did not go to the gym for four days, and then I started using machines for three days from now. Today I did my leg workout and thought leg press would not aggravate my pain, but it did, so bad. What should I do now should? I quit the gym for a while or avoid some movements? Is there any quick home cure for the pain?

#

It sounds more of the lower back ligament sprain. You may have injured the back. The first thing to do is to look for an MRI, like any soft tissue Injury if not focused, then might become chronic. I will advise you to do some exercises for strengthening the paraspinal muscle's. Once you learn the correct pattern of the exercises I am talking about then before every workout regimen, you need to do that, and then your back pain would not come up. For now, give rest of three weeks, and then I can teach you proper exercises which will help avoid future back pains.

| 

Related Video

Can my back pain be due to the tethered spinal cord?

Query: Hello doctor, It is about nine months since I have had L4 hemilaminectomy, L5 foraminotomy and drilling of bone fracture at L4-L5 level. I had an MRI two months later due to severe pain. The MRI report presented inflammation and edema of the back muscles, inflammation of nerve roots, compressi...  Read Full »

I have back pain due to sitting in front of computer for long hours. Kindly advise.

Query: Hello doctor, I am 27 years old male. I was sitting in front of the computer for more than 10 hours per day for past one month. I have mild pain in my lower back, not a constant pain. the pain either left side or right side but the right side is more time the pain always shift its position. and whil...  Read Full »

What are the surgical options available for a sprained ankle?

Query: Hello doctor, I am looking for a second opinion for surgical options for a grade 3 sprained ankle. I have attached herewith the MRI results. The results show a ruptured anterior tibiofibular ligament and a partial tear of the posterior tibiofibular ligament with disruption of distal tibiofibular sy...  Read Full »

Ask a Physiotherapist Now