Bipolar Depression

Please help me with bipolar disorder and depression.

Query: I am suffering from bipolar disorder and i had depression before . I overdosed on cipralex and thus i got bipolar disorder. The problem is i overthink a lot. And it drives me angry sad . And sometimes depressed also when i cant do anything about it. I was on dayo 750mg for six months and then i stop...  Read Full »

Andrologist, General Practitioner, Geriatrician, Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Psychotherapist, Sexologist

Answer: Dear, Thanks for using Icliniq. I read your query and understand your concerns. First of all I like to inform you that overdose of cipralex unlikely to cause bipolar disorder as per the available research. It is possible that you initially presented with depression which was treated with Cipralex...  Read Full »

How to deal with my extreme mood swings and stressed feel about my life?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 18 years old. I am under great stress about many areas of life like family, career, and personal satisfaction. I think I am not worthy enough and I do not like the way I look. I think I am ugly and at times I hate myself for who I am. I feel unworthy and do not deserve for what I...  Read Full »

Dr. Parth Nagda

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. What are your symptoms exactly? If they are of depression, then the treatment with an SSRI (selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor) is ideally given for six months or so. Basically, if you are depressed, you will feel irritable, low, feel like crying, sad, do not wi...  Read Full »

Can random suicidal thoughts be due to bipolar depressive disorder?

Query: Hi doctor, I have done some research and I am pretty sure I have depressive bipolar disorder. I have struggled with something I thought was depression for a long time but it was always more like episodes of suicidal thoughts and me being in a deep depression. Like if I do have it the other night I...  Read Full »

Dr. Parth Nagda

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. What are your symptoms exactly? If they are of depression, then the treatment with an SSRI (selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors) is ideally given for six months or so. Basically, if you are depressed, you will feel irritable, low, feel like crying, sad, do not w...  Read Full »

My 25-year-old daughter is having hallucination and under treatment for depression. How to get it treated?

Query: Hello doctor, My adult child, 25 years old, was admitted to a psychiatric hospital for depression and suicidal thoughts. She had therapy for several years. However, when visiting tonight, she mentioned voices and hallucinations. I was taken back bc she never mentioned that before. The nurse said it...  Read Full »

Dr. Venkat Heijebu

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can certainly understand your concern. I have worked through your attached query in detail. Hallucinations like hearing voices can be a feature of severe depression. They can occur if depression progresses through higher grades. It does not imply that you have missed...  Read Full »

I feel depressed and do not have a proper sleep. Is this bipolar?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a student. For some months, I have noticed that my mind is playing tricks on me. It is more like every day I have a down phase which lasts for two to four hours when I feel all negative emotions are coming to my mind. I think of anxiety and fear. I feel like I have a beast inside...  Read Full »

Dr. Venkat Heijebu

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can certainly understand your condition. I have worked through your attached query in detail. As per your symptoms, you possibly seem to have subsyndromal depression otherwise called as dysthymia. If it is not treated on time, it may convert into depression. (Pleas...  Read Full »

My son has bipolar disorder and after changing the medication he has urge for smoking. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, My son is a bipolar patient, he is not taking drinks, and smoking mean while for the last four months. He is under treatment for bipolar disorder. Now, after four months of treatment, we put him to college after the gap of two years, but he just went for a week and not going now. He w...  Read Full »

Dr. Suresh Kumar G D

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician, Psychiatrist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. From your description, I understand that your son has developed bipolar disorder or psychosis in the background of substance misuse. He is on medications (Qutiapine and Oxetal), which are mood stabilizers and antipsychotic medicines, which will be helpful to treat yo...  Read Full »

My husband is sad, depressed and behaves rudely. Is he mentally ill?

Query: Hello doctor,My husband is mostly sad and depressed. He cannot listen a word against him or his family(mom, dad & sister). He gets mad and behaves very rudely with everyone if they do not agree to what he says. He fought with his boss in his company for silly reasons. He abuses me emotionally an...  Read Full »

Psychiatrist, Sexologist, Psychotherapist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. Considering the history of the symptoms you have mentioned, there are few possibilities. One is some underlying mood disturbance which could part of bipolar disorder. This should be appropriately evaluated to make a diagnosis. Repetitiv...  Read Full »

Which is a better option for bipolar depression, Lamotrigine or ketamine infusion therapy?

Query: Hello doctor, My wife was previously diagnosed with bipolar II and was taking 100 mg Lamotrigine daily for depression maintenance. She was on that dosage for nine years. She recently suffered a more chronic depressive episode and went out of town for ketamine infusion therapy. The infusions were ve...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your problem. Ketamine infusion therapy has great roles in depression but regular maintenance treatment is needed and which results in a significant burden on patients. Lamotrigine is the right drug for resistant depression. Even in maintenance treat...  Read Full »

Why am I not having any control on my mind and emotions?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 22 years old, currently pursuing my masters. I have noticed it over a few months now. I have absolutely no control of my mind or my emotions. I am happy one moment and the next moment all I want to do is cry. I feel unhappy and claustrophobic all the time. I have always got this ...  Read Full »

Dr. Vandana Patidar

Psychiatrist, Psychotherapist, Psychologist Counsellor, Sleep Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Based on your symptoms you seem to be suffering from a mood disorder, either bipolar or cyclothymia or depression. There is a need for detailed assessment and evaluation to confirm the diagnosis. It happens in acute phases of illness that disturbance is so high, one ...  Read Full »

My son has social withdrawal and isolation. Yet, he refuses treatment. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, The problem started in 2010. Social withdrawal, isolation, inability to continue at a job, negative talk, jealousy, lack of initiative, low self-esteem and fickle minded behavior. What could these point to? The prescriptions are lost in transit. No medicines are being taken.  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. The symptoms of withdrawal from society, loneliness, difficulty in continuing the job, negative thoughts, lack of motivation, indecisiveness, etc could be due to some severe underlying mood disturbance. Since the symptoms are persiste...  Read Full »