Q. Ayurveda medicines to increase the Immunity?

Dr. Arul Amuthan
Published on Nov 28, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I am a mother of a 3 year old. My son is suffering from cold and cough. He gets vomiting whenever he coughs continuously. Also, he gets cold and coughs very often in the last one year. Until 15 months of age, he did not get even a single episode of cold or a cough. I am so worried about him now. His cough is very severe at night, and he did not sleep yesterday due to a constant cough. He never gets a runny nose, and I am very much concerned about this. This time, he had fever and cold initially, and his cough started after four days. Also, he lost weight due to a cough. He maintained good weight till 1.5 years of age and nowadays, it is very hard for him to gain weight.

He had the same type of a cough before six months, and it was diagnosed as viral fever and cough. For a cough, I gave Ascoril-D for two days. Then started with tulsi, betel leaves, cumin and honey kashaya once in the morning and once at night. Kindly tell me some remedy for his cough. Also, how to increase his immunity as well as weight?

Dr. Arul Amuthan

Ayurveda Specialist Naturopathy Pharmacology Siddha Medicine Toxicology
#

• A constant cough leads to vomiting, and that will expel the sputum. It is the body's natural mechanism. Nothing to worry.
  • Please check whether the bed or the floor (where he lives) is dusty. Maintain the environment clean. Wash the bed sheets frequently and dry in the sunlight. There are certain bugs or insects (small in size) in bed or clothes may also responsible for a cough at this age.

To improve his immunity, please follow the below advice:

• Continue giving tulsi, betel leaves, cumin kashaya. You add an equal volume of honey in this kashaya and administer or take the juice of tulsi and betel leaf juice and add an equal amount of honey.
  • Tablet Urai Maathirai. This is the herbal pill especially for kids to improve immunity. It is to be given immediately after birth and continued until age 6.
  • One tablet is given daily once after morning bath, before breakfast. The size of the pill is like green gram, thus can be swallowed easily. If difficulty to swallow, then powder the pill, mix honey and then apply on the tongue. Only this tablet is enough to boost the immunity to your kid.
  • In diet, give more black gram based foods. It is the best diet for children to improve immunity and also treat a cough. Daily at least once a black gram based food should be there for him.
  • Boil pure coconut oil 100 mL plus 100 g betel leaf paste in slow flame. Once the water component is evaporated, then turn off the stove. This oil can be used to apply on hair daily before bath.

For further information consult an ayurveda specialist online -->https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/ayurveda-specialist

Kindly advise ayurveda treatment for uterine fibroid.

Query: Hi doctor,I have a fibroid of 9.6 × 6.9 cm. It is an intramural fibroid. I have heavy bleeding and back pain during my periods. I also have PCOS. I am taking Rasagandhi mezhugu. What medicine should I take along with Rasagandhi mezhugu for fibroid? Since the size of my fibroid is big, please give m...  Read Full >>

Dr. Arul Amuthan
Pharmacologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. To stop the bleeding, I suggest the following: Tablet Ashokadi vati - two in the morning after breakfast, two in the afternoon and two after dinner. Continue this till the bleeding stops. If you do not get the above tablet, buy Ashoka pattai (bark) choorna. Take 1 g t...  Read Full

Amla - a Treasure of Vitamin C

Article Overview: Amla is the one of the most important medicinal plants in the traditional system of medicine. It contains the highest amount of vitamin C and has other nutrients as well. I have discussed the health benefits of amla in this article. Read Article

Dr. Durga Kumari
Nutritionist

The wonder fruit amla (Indian gooseberry) is highly valued by nutritionists and practitioners of indigenous medicine. This is scientifically known as Emblica officinalis or Phyllanthus emblica.  Amla has been held in high esteem in indigenous medicine. It is acidic, diuretic and laxa...  Read Article

Please suggest ayurveda treatment for hearing loss.

Query: Hi doctor,I am a 46 year old man having diagnosed with a bilateral sensorineural hearing loss. I have been experiencing this for the last two months. Please suggest any ayurveda treatment for the same?  Read Full >>

Dr. Alka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As it is a physiological degradation disease, the treatment falls into two categories pharmacological and surgical treatment. However, no recommended or approved treatment has been present, and many types of research are still going on. Hearing aids are the most common...  Read Full

Ask an Ayurveda Specialist Now