Botox

Please suggest treatment for a scar between eyes

Query: Hi doctor, I have a new horizontal scar between my eyebrows, and this has caused a crease when I frown. The scar is not vertical, and it goes through 45% angulation. Can this be fixed?  Read Full »

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, HIV AIDS Specialist, Plastic Surgeon, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, there are two things which we can be tried. First is Botox (Botulinum toxin injection) and the second one is scar revision. Scar revision is an OPD (outpatient department) procedure in which the entire scar is excised and sutured with very fine suture, which is not v...  Read Full »

Is injectable Botox safe for a patient with Sjogren's syndrome?

Query: Hi doctor, I am suffering from Sjogren's syndrome. I have a few questions about safety of cosmetic procedures. Is botox injectable safe? Is ultherapy or laser safe for a patient with Sjogren's? Kindly advice.  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Laser is completely safe. Safety of Botox depends on indication. Botox (Botulinum Toxin) is also given in other medical conditions. Please let me know the reason for laser and Botox treatment. The elaborate history will help me to give you better advice. Revert back with...  Read Full »

How can I get rid of pronounced laugh lines?

Query: Hello doctor,I have pronounced laugh lines since I was 15, and now I am trying to get rid of them. I tried coconut oil but it is not working. I also have lines around my eyes and I do not know what to do. Please help me.  Read Full »

Dr. Gaurang Gupta

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Hair Transplant Surgeon, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is the natural structure of your face. You need not worry about it and accept it as such. But, if you are keen on getting it removed, creams or medicines will not help you much. Botox and fillers are the only options. For more information consult a dermatologist...  Read Full »

In social situations, I give an awkward half-smile. Will Botox help?

Query: Hello doctor, I wanted to get your opinion on my situation to see if you guys might be able to help. For several years now, I have had trouble with smiling fully in certain situations. Generally, in social situations, it is almost like I give an awkward half-smile. It is hard for me to smile fully. ...  Read Full »

Dr. Sampada Avinash Thakare

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. DAO (depressor angularis oris) procedure, where the muscle is cut off is really not advisable. It is not performed commonly either. If not done correctly, it can lead to side effects and incorrect smile. Botox is done to elevate angle of mouth incase there is a depressi...  Read Full »

Involuntary frowning is delaying the healing of my scar revision surgery. Should I get Botox?

Query: Hi doctor, My scar revision surgery is not healing well, and it seems worse than last week. Please see the attached picture. Involuntary frowning causes lines to run through the scar, can this be causing problems? Is it worth taping my forehead, so I cannot make frown lines? Is it worth getting a bo...  Read Full »

Dr. Vikram

Plastic Surgeon, Cosmetologist, Hair Transplant Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thanks for the query. I have seen the attached picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It looks like it is a very early stage following scar revision. It looks good right now. But, it will take time for the scar to get better. The following might help: D...  Read Full »

Will Botox treat a weak detrusor muscle and an overactive bladder?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been told that I have a weak detrusor muscle and an overactive bladder. I feel constant irritation in the bladder and sometimes, my lower abdomen area swells up. I had negative urine cultures, and I have been told Botox may help me, but I can only have 50 % or so strength due to...  Read Full »

Dr. Praveen Pushkar

Urologist, Andrologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Botox is used for overactive bladder, once oral anticholinergic medication fails to give benefit. Botox gives benefit for 6 to 9 months, so it has to be repeated after a year. There is a risk of detrusor acontractility after injection, for which you might have to use C...  Read Full »