Breathing Problems

Please suggest some yoga tips for breathing problems.

Query: Hi doctor, How to cure "hard breath" while performing activity? Give me some tips in yoga.  Read Full »

Dr. Vinod Kumar

Yoga Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is not very clear from your mail what exactly you mean by "hard breath". I consider it "difficulty in breathing" and my answer is based on difficulty in breathing. Difficulty in breathing is a non-specific symptom and can be due to a wide variety of reasons. As th...  Read Full »

Can sinus and turbinate problems cause breathing difficulties?

Query: Hi doctor, Operation for supraglottic collapse, laryngomalacia last year, increasing difficulty in breathing and swallowing for four years, supposed to have operation on maxillary sinus right ethmoid and CT scan of paranasal sinuses, was meant to have submucous diathermy of inferior turbinates, and...  Read Full »

Dr. B Vageesh Padiyar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I personally feel you have been having chronic obstructive sleep apnea at different levels. However, the symptoms of difficulty in opening your mouth and yawning can be related to the temperomandibular joint. The other symptoms such as weakened chest moments causing dis...  Read Full »

I am struggling with breathing problem. Kindly advice me about turbinate reduction.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 25-year-old female. I have been struggling with breathing through my nose my whole life. When I was a child, I did not know if others breathed like me or not. I would expand the skin on my cheekbones sideways to open my nasal airways and breathe better for a second. I started in...  Read Full »

Allergy Specialist, General Practitioner, ENT Otolaryngologist, Family Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I need to have a look at the CT to assess how much of a space you have inside the nasal cavities, whether the enlarged turbinates are causing airway compromise, whether there is any adenoid remnant in the nasopharynx, whether there is any polyp or mucosal thickening ...  Read Full »

I have breathing problem due to some white fluid in my throat. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I have a white fluid that goes up my throat and gives me breathing problems. It turns into some sticky glue and can dry up looking like paper. I have bumps on my right hand that keeps coming back and dries off after a few days. When it gets severe, it feels like needles in my hand. So...  Read Full »

Dr. Albana Greca

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Ok, you can purchase that Albendazole kit, but you do not know why? Get your stool examination done for ova or parasites to see if you have intestinal parasites. Sometimes the string you pulled from the skin might be fiber or due to damaged hair or skin. You can get ...  Read Full »

How to stop manually controlling my breathing?

Query: Hello doctor,I want a permanent solution for my manual breathing problem. I am 16 years old. Recently, I had UTI, and my brother thought that I just imagined a problem where I cannot void my bladder completely. So, he told me to pay attention to my breathing. So, I started doing that while urinatin...  Read Full »

Dr. Geethu Thomas

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is good that you have elaborated your problem. Now, let me start from the beginning. You said that you had a urinary tract infection (UTI). That causes an incomplete emptying of your bladder. If your urine emptying is not complete even now, then I suggest you take t...  Read Full »

What can cause breathing and sleep problems in a 86 year old patient?

Query: Hi doctor, My grandmother is 86 years old. She is having cold since last 10 days that gets controlled with medicines. But, in the last 4 days she has breathing problem and also she is unable to sleep well. She has given blood for testing. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Amolkumar W Diwan

Allergy Specialist, Pulmonologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thanks for writing to this platform. As you said, your grandmother initially had cold and is now suffering from breathing difficulty. It is advised to shift her to any nearby hospital and do a chest x-ray to rule out any infective cause. And also to rule out any un...  Read Full »

Why am I having uneasiness in breathing?

Query: Hello doctor, I am an asthmatic for 15 years. Right now I am using Foracort 400 mg since three years. I am also hypertensive and using Telma-AM. Since past six days I am facing uneasiness in breathing and because of that maybe my BP has raised. Last week before all this happened I got a master heal...  Read Full »

Dr. Amolkumar W Diwan

Allergy Specialist, Pulmonologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As you know, asthma is the chronic inflammatory airway disease with waxing and waning episodes. If you have asthma, your airways are always inflamed. They become more swollen, and the muscles around the airways can tighten when something triggers your symptoms. This ...  Read Full »

I have a problem with breathing often in summer. Why?

Query: Hello doctor,I have a problem in breathing often especially in summers less in winters. It seems some sound while breathing and some chest pain often. My eye power is frequently changing in a short time interval. I cannot focus well on studies on laptop and books offline also. I am feeling this for ...  Read Full »

Dr. Albana Greca

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Problems with breathing during in summer seem to be related to allergy. Chest x-ray and allergy tests are advised to further together with stool examination for ova parasites. Changes in power lens often are due to hormonal changes or working too long in front of co...  Read Full »

What is the treatment for cough and breathing problem?

Query: Hello doctor,For the last 15 days, my mother is facing problems while breathing due to the current weather condition here in our place. There is too much pollution, humid weather and it is also rainy season here. She was having cold earlier, but that has been treated. Right now she is having little ...  Read Full »

Dr. Hariharan V

Diabetologist, Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Nutritionist

Answer: Hello Sir, Welcome to icliniq.com. Asthma has many triggers. They are cold weather, dust, mist, rain and as you said, pollution is also a cause. Since her symptoms do not come down with Deriphyllin, I am suggesting the following. She needs one antibiotic to completely remove the pathogen. Also so...  Read Full »

My eosinophil count is 6, the upper normal range. Is it normal?

Query: Hi doctor, I took a CBC test a few days back. Is everything normal? My eosinophil count has increased from 3 to 6 and I am worried as the normal range is 1 to 6. Can you please get back to me on this and if it is fine? Absolute is slightly high but within range. Please let me know if everything is a...  Read Full »

Dr. Vedprakash Verma

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Family Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen your complete blood count report and understood your query regarding about eosinophilia (attachment removed to protect patient identity). First of all your reports are normal and counts are also normal, no need to worry regarding this. Your absolute eosin...  Read Full »