Q. Why are my facial hairs turning golden brown?

Dr. Alka

I am 19 years old. Some of my facial hair change into light brown color from black. It looks golden color in sunshine and I have also one or two white hairs in my head. When I was 16, all my hair was dark black. What should I do now to get their natural hair color back?

#

I just read your query. See the color of hairs and skin is determined by a pigment called melanin. The variation of this pigment varies from person to person due to their genetics or due to some environmental reasons. One to two white hairs are not a problem but you must be aware because your beard starts losing its pigmentation. There might be many reasons for this problem like lack of nutrients, paternal effects as if your father or grandfather had been gone through the same problem, stress, lack of proper sleep, or unhealthy lifestyle. As you are young, you can prevent this problem further by adopting all these simple remedies:

1. The formation of coloring pigment named melanin is based on many nutrients, so start taking a healthy diet. Add fresh fruits, vegetables, pulses, eggs, etc., to your diet. Avoid excessive tea, coffee, cold drinks, junk food, spicy food, etc.

2. Sleep adequately at least for six to eight hours and make sure you go to bed before midnight.

3. Avoid taking excessive stress.

4. Start taking tablet Kesha kuntal (vyas pharma) two tablets two times a day for four weeks with water. It is very effective in premature greying of hair.

5. Take tablet Hairbac two tablets bd for four weeks with water. It will prevent premature greying of hair.

6. Take some curry leaves and put them into coconut oil, boil this oil. After boiling when this oil becomes lukewarm apply this oil on your beard and scalp. You can do this twice or thrice a week.

7. Wash your hairs with mild herbal shampoo.

Try all these regularly and it will prevent further greying of your hair and you will soon feel positive results. In case you want to use a dye for your beard or hair or you are facing excessive greying of hairs then do consult a nearby dermatologist, otherwise, try all these regularly.

Genetic or lack of nutrients or stress or unhealthy lifestyle.

After four weeks.

|