Q. Will using Restreta tablet for three months cause hormonal imbalance?

Dr. Sangeeth Kumar

I am a 23 year old girl. I have very dry and dull skin. My dermatologist recommended me to use Restreta tablet for improving my complexion. I have to take it twice in a day before a meal. I want to know whether there will be any hormonal imbalance because of this tablet. Is it safe for me to eat? Will it affect my body internally? And I have been told to eat it for three months. So will the result be permanent or will they fade after I discontinue it?

#

Restreta (Glutathione, Collagen, and L-cysteine) contains Glutathione which is an antioxidant. It effectively prevents melanin synthesis in the skin which helps in skin lightening. It is available in oral and injection form. Oral capsules do not produce much of a change in complexion because of its poor absorption in the stomach. It does not have any side effects. The injection form produces good results but it is not FDA approved.

The results with Restreta are not permanent. It will definitely decrease within few months of stopping the drug. So, it is better to go for natural forms of antioxidants present in fruits such as carotene and papaya. Have plenty of water. Avoid sun exposure and use sunscreen every day along with a good moisturizer for your skin. That will eventually help in the long term.

For more information consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

|