Q. Can Budd-Chiari syndrome cause weakness and leg cramps?

Dr. Subharanjini Ramesh

Weekness, leg cream , past history Liver issue called burd cherry syndrome

# Hi,
Welcome to icliniq. What do you mean by leg cream? Do you mean cramps?
Is your liver problem is under control or not?
The weakness is due to your liver problem. Is there any abdominal pain or any other symptoms present?
Leg cramps is also due to underlying problem. You can take vitamin D supplement after consulting your gastroenterologist.
Sit in the sunlight for 1/2 hour in the morning hours( 8-10am).
Salt restriction is there according to your condition. Total intake should be around 4-5gms/daily. This means you should cook with little less salt in your food and absolutely no extra salt on the table. Avoid on pickles, chutneys, ready made foods, processed foods, bakery products, sodas etc .
Be very strict with your diet.
Include milk and curd around 300ml/ daily. You can add any protein supplements with milk in the evenings.
Restrict your fat intake. Avoid on all kinds of fatty foods. Cook with less oil. Total intake should be around 20gms or 4 teaspoon/ daily.
All vegetables and fruits are allowed. Wash properly and use it. Better to eat cooked food. Avoid on raw vegetables for time being.
Rice or chapattis both are allowed. Eat healthy nutritious foods properly. It will improve your overall health.
All kinds of dals are allowed. This is a general advice on diet for you.
Your query is not clear. Now how are you feeling now? Accordingly I can give your diet advice.
Please do get back with all the details.

|