Q. Is having severe leg pain during pregnancy normal?

There is a complaint of severe pain in both the legs in my wife who is 14 weeks pregnant. She is unable to sleep due to the pain. All ANC check and blood tests are fine. This is the second pregnancy. She has complaints of a lot of pain in her legs on both sides, more on the right leg. She says she is unable to sleep due to pain.

We complained to her obstetrician and she at that time said that such a pain is not expected. However following two to three days, now the pain is persisting and making her life difficult. We have now temporarily traveled away from her doctor. So, I need some help. She has some tenderness in the lower back though not significant. These are similar but less severe complaints before pregnancy. Kindly suggest treatment. Of note, she has taken Paracetamol once, but with minimal relief only.