Bursa

How long do I need to do rehabilitation exercises after a hip bursectomy?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 32 year old woman. I am overweight, but definitely on a diet. I had my right bursa removed before three months and then the left bursa was removed last month. The physiotherapist came around the first time and said that there was no need for physiotherapy. I took it upon myself to...  Read Full »

Dr. Akshay Kumar Saxena

Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Normally, bursa is a structure that help in easy frictionless movement. Hence, after their removal, all exercises have to be aimed at restoration of posture and balance, stretching of the hip abductor muscles and subsequent strengthening of the hip musculature along with...  Read Full »

What is the treatment for the accumulation of fluid in subcoracoid bursa?

Query: Hello doctor,In left shoulder joint minimal fluid seen in the subcoracoid and subdeltoid bursa and also in bicep tendon. Finding symptoms of subcoracoid/ subdeltoid bursitis and mild biceps Tendinosis.  Read Full »

Dr. Sreenivasa Rao

Physiotherapist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The report is suggestive of some impingement of shoulder joint with a mild fluid collection. I recommend you to not to load your shoulder for a while. I suggest: A lot of icing for the joint like once in two hours for 15 minutes. Gentle kneading over the rotator...  Read Full »

From the MRI of my shoulder, can you tell me if my shoulder will ever get better?

Query: Hello doctor, I have had shoulder problems since high school. I played field hockey at school, club, provincial, and national school team. And I was also in the swimming, volleyball, life-saving, and club tennis team in school, club, provincial and national school. I played squash socially. I had a ...  Read Full »

Dr. Atul Prakash

Fitness Expert, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Physiotherapist, Spine Health Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The MRI report is telling us of the previous surgeries that the shoulder has had. Currently, there is a fresh partial thickness tear of one of the rotator cuff muscles. There is also some changes that suggest that you may be having early stages of frozen shoulder. Bot...  Read Full »

The backs of both my knees are swollen after a hike. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, The backs of both my knees are swollen after a hike. When I first noticed this, I thought I got bitten by a mosquito or a bug. So, I applied After Bite to the area a little bit. The redness was reduced the next day but, it is still swollen. I see a lump right behind the knees. I can co...  Read Full »

Dr. Sumit Chawla

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Kindly send me a picture of the attached area. Only then can I comment on the condition and the specialist you will have to visit. Revert with more information to an orthopaedician and traumatologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/orthopaedician...  Read Full »

I injured my hip after a fall. Can you please explain the MRI of my hip?

Query: Hello doctor, I injured my hip after a fall from a trailer, where my leg and hip got twisted. I had an MRI of my right hip after the fall. The report said, diminutive or obliterated anterior labrum, with degenerative posterior labrum. The fluid adjacent to right greater trochanter is suggestive of...  Read Full »

Dr. Atul Prakash

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen your MRI report (attachment removed to protect patient identity). You have not mentioned the symptoms that you are experiencing, but taking into consideration your age and the MRI, the diminutive labrum only represents wear and tear changes in the hip, whi...  Read Full »