Carotid Patch

Is it possible for the carotid patch to become unattached after carotid endarterectomy?

Query: Hi doctor, I underwent carotid endarterectomy before four months on my right carotid artery. After a doppler test, it showed 90 % stenosis. A patch was used during surgery. It seemed to be fine after surgery. On follow up, I consulted a vascular surgeon. He told me that I have a right and better re...  Read Full »

Dr. Himanshu Verma

Vascular Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is perfectly normal to have stretching sensation in any surgical area. You may have less sensation in the neck and lower cheek. It is advised to be careful when you shave as you might accidentally cut it.  Read Full »