Q. My daughter has deteriorated coordination after cerebral malaria. Please help.

Dr. Hemang Sudhakarbhai Jani

My daughter was attacked with cerebral malaria at five months and experienced several convulsions in the process. After her treatment her coordination has deteriorated. She can no longer hold anything like she used to do. Her fingers are always clenched. She cannot sit down. When she sits, it is like the backbone is too weak to support her so she either falls sideways or on the front side. I have been taking her for therapy but still cannot see any change. Any advice?

Dr. Hemang Sudhakarbhai Jani

Fitness Expert Physiotherapy
#

I have understood your concern about the difficulty in sitting. See due to convulsions and fever of malaria, the brain has gotten some injury due to which she got weakness in the muscles of the body. I advise you to take physiotherapy treatment in the form of exercises in various ways like on physioball, and with toys training related to strengthen muscles and stretch tight muscles. This you need to continue for a couple of years. Do not get disappointed, and depressed, slowly she will get the strength and she will achieve all the position.

For more information consult a physiotherapist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/physiotherapist

| 

This is an Ad. icliniq or icliniq doctors do not endorse the content in the ad.

Ask a Physiotherapist Now