Cervical Lordosis

Is neck straightening a cause for right-sided neck and shoulder pain?

Query: Neck pain on right side and shoulder pain on right side. Occasional shooting pain/soreness down right arm. Last two weeks and still on and off. For the past two weeks I have been having on and off pain on my right side of the neck. Occasionally, there is pain on my shoulder and shooting/throbbing p...  Read Full »

Dr. Ismail Kabakus

Radiologist

Answer: Hi, There is cervical spinal straightening which is usually due to postural abnormality, prolonged stay in front of laptop...etc Good news inter-vertebral discs are healthy so there is no irreversible damage. There is only minimal bulging of the disc at C4-5 and C5-6 which affects right C5 and C6 ...  Read Full »

Please suggest stretch exercise to help with cervical lordosis and sleep.

Query: Hello doctor, Does cervical neck lordosis affect the quality of sleep? This week I have not enough sleep at night or even day and my arms are in pain. I cannot understand because sometimes my nose are clogged at the right, sometimes at the left and my neck hurts when I do my exercise as recommended...  Read Full »

Dr. Sreenivasa Rao

Physiotherapist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your concern. Yes, the position of cervical lordosis will affect your sleep if it is not properly supported. The tightness and pain could be due to irritated neck muscles. So support them, ice them up so that spasm gets reduced and neck feels better. As of no...  Read Full »

What is cervical lordosis?

Query: Hello doctor, I have neck, shoulder, and arm pain. It swells in my triceps and my biceps hurts like it is torned. I can make simple moves. x-ray confirmed cervical lordosis. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Mahaveer Patil

Family Physician, General Practitioner, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Physiotherapist, Spine Health Specialist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your complaints and understand your concern. I generally see many cases like this at my clinic. I give them rest, analgesics, anti-inflammatory tablets, and ice packs till the symptoms reduce to some extent. Then I get an x-ray and if necessary an...  Read Full »