Chronic Liver Disease

Are nausea and vomiting along with liver disease signs of hepatic encephalopathy?

Query: Hello doctor, This is regarding my mother. She is 55 years old. Last year she was diagnosed with chronic liver disease. She had ascites, which was cured. She has taken proper medication since then. But recently, since the last three weeks to be precised, she was having tremors and difficulty in sle...  Read Full »

Dr. Ajeet Kumar Lohana

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand you must be very upset about your mother's health. The answer to your query is you are 100% right. It can be hepatic encephalopathy (HE). It often presents as altered sleep patterns which means day time sleeping and nighttime awakening. Tremors are ...  Read Full »

What does chronic liver disease change in CT report mean?

Query: Hello doctor, I may have a liver problem and would like to get advice. I had done some medical tests recently and the liver turned out to be a bit problematic for me. Hence, thought of consulting a specialist. I am currently blood pressure, blood thinner, cholesterol-reducing drugs, and medicine...  Read Full »

Dr. Tanmai Yermal (jain)

Internal Medicine Physician, Cardiologist, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query. Your BP and cholesterol levels seem to be fairly well under control of treatment. Kindly share all your available reports, liver function tests, and details of the symptoms and problem that you are facing at present. Kindly get back ...  Read Full »

A 65 year old has stage 2 liver fibrosis. Can liver fibrosis be reversed?

Query: Hello doctor,The patient is 65 years old. Doctors have concluded liver fibrosis stage 2. In fibro scan, the lymphocytes are 95 %, amylase is 20 U/L, monocytes and macrophages is 5 %. The fluid is hazy in appearance. Can liver fibrosis be reversed?   Read Full »

Dr. Jagdish Singh

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Interpretation of reports. It is F4 fibrosis, not F2. Ascites. No SBP (spontaneous bacterial peritonitis). Portal Hypertension. Chronic liver disease. With this advanced fibrosis, it could not be reversed back.  Read Full »

What is the reason for having raised vitamin B12 and SGOT?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 33 years old male. I have a B12 level of 1800 pg/mL and SGOT of 80 U/L. My SGOT level is within range. I have never taken B12 supplements. Please suggest.  Read Full »

Dr. Lohit Chauhan

Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Do not be scared. Repeat the tests soon. A raised B12 can happen due to laboratory error. Even after that, if you have SGOT (aspartate transaminase) above SGPT (alanine transaminase), you should do a USG (ultrasound) abdomen. A raised SGOT above SGPT of about 2:1 ratio ...  Read Full »

Why does my brother get jaundice every year during summer?

Query: Hello doctor, My brother has jaundice, and it is occurring every year during summer. He feels very low and lazy, and his body becomes yellow. He is experiencing weakness and swelling on face and across his ankle. He also has a fever. We do not know why he gets sick every year. In addition to that, h...  Read Full »

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through your post and the investigations (attachment removed to protect patient identity) that you have posted. He has the following problems: Low platelet count of 40,000. Iron-deficiency anemia. Hepatospleenomegaly. Raised serum bilirubin and mild elevation of...  Read Full »

My ultrasound reports say 'bulky liver'. How can I get treated for that?

Query: Hello doctor,My SGOT level is 146, total bilirubin is 2.7, globulin is 4.5 and GGTP is 406. What should I do?  Read Full »

Dr. Chandra Prakash Tanwar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Looking at your reports, I see your SGOT (serum glutamic oxaloacetic transaminase) is elevated, and so are bilirubin and GGT (gamma-glutamyl transferase), while the albumin level is normal. It suggests that you have hepatitis. In your case, as you are overweight and p...  Read Full »

Please describe the test reports of a liver disease.

Query: Hello doctor,My father has a liver disease. I need the description of the report and the stage of the disease.  Read Full »

Dr. Satyajit Jalinder Pawar

Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Oncologist, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As per the report, you have attached (attachment removed to protect patient identity), looks like he has hepatocellular carcinoma (liver cancer) and it is metastatic (stage). Another possibility is of cholangiocarcinoma or neuroendocrine tumor. But stage will be same...  Read Full »

Dad is in ICU with chronic liver disease. Is there a way to revive his liver?

Query: Respected doctor,My father is suffering from a chronic liver disease. I have attached his case summary with this query. He is in the ICU for the last four days. As per the doctor, my father may remain in this state for an indefinite period of time because his liver is not functioning. So, I want to ...  Read Full »

Dr. Noushif M

General Surgeon, Medical Gastroenterologist, Surgical Gastroenterologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. As per the records, he is suffering from stage-3 liver disease, that is an end-stage liver disease. His current problems need to be medically supported. This will result in temporary improvement of his condition. However, issues like infection, blood loss, fluid accumu...  Read Full »