Q. I have constipation and bleeding after 50 days of delivery. What is happening?

Dr. Nazma Parveen
and medically reviewed by Dr. Nithila A

I had a normal delivery before 50 days. I am still suffering from constipation, during poo little bit blood come from the anus. And also starting of the second month I am bleeding with bright blood up to four days then it stops, and again I am bleeding the same. What is happening?

Dr. Nazma Parveen

Family Physician General Practitioner

I have read through your query and here is my opinion. Some women do suffer from constipation during pregnancy, and it may extend up to the postpartum period. Proper diet and intake of lots of fluids are essential. Bleeding through the anus is not right, and therefore, constipation has to be treated. If the diet does not help, you may be required to take Laxatives for a few days. You have mentioned that you have to bleed, can you tell me if you are breastfeeding or not. I would be able to give further suggestions accordingly.

Can chronic constipation cause prostatitis?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 27 years old. I have been suffering from bladder and lower back pain for about six months now. I have been to the doctor several times and each time the test was negative for infection. I used to get relief from symptoms once I take the antibiotics, but the pain will recur. I do no...  Read Full >>

Dr. Gopinath
Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. As you suspect the symptoms might be due to chronic prostatitis or a similar entity chronic prostatic pain syndrome. It needs a per rectal examination. Per rectal examination is not that painful as you suspect. Urine culture after a per rectal examination will turn to ...  Read Full

Is it possible to have successful IVF even after having multiple fibroids?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 36 years old, and I have a 2-year old daughter. I have been trying for another baby for more than a year. So I was told to go for IVF. I had an ultrasound recently, and there are multiple fibroids present. I am more worried regarding the submucosal fibroid measuring 1.8 × 1.7 ...  Read Full >>

Dr. Uzma Arqam

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please send me your gynecology and obstetrics report, drug history, and your recent scan report. Women's having small multiple seedling fibroids, which is not distorting the cavity, can bear pregnancy with precautions. Women's having big fibroids distorting the cavity a...  Read Full

Ask a Doctor Now