Q. I have constipation and bleeding after 50 days of delivery. What is happening?

Dr. Nazma Parveen
This is a premium question & answer published on Sep 21, 2019 and last reviewed on: Sep 24, 2019

I had a normal delivery before 50 days. I am still suffering from constipation, during poo little bit blood come from the anus. And also starting of the second month I am bleeding with bright blood up to four days then it stops, and again I am bleeding the same. What is happening?

Dr. Nazma Parveen

Family Physician General Practitioner
#

I have read through your query and here is my opinion. Some women do suffer from constipation during pregnancy, and it may extend up to the postpartum period. Proper diet and intake of lots of fluids are essential. Bleeding through the anus is not right, and therefore, constipation has to be treated. If the diet does not help, you may be required to take Laxatives for a few days. You have mentioned that you have to bleed, can you tell me if you are breastfeeding or not. I would be able to give further suggestions accordingly.

|