Crash Diet

Does the keto diet positively affect and alleviate IBS?

Query: Hello doctor, Does the keto diet positively affect and alleviate stomach issues such as IBS?  Read Full »

Dr. Vishal Wadi

Dietician, Nutritionist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Keto diet is a crash diet, which means it can be done for a short period of two to three months or so. It can surely improve digestive issues such as IBS (irritable bowel syndrome) as it involves a very low intake of carbohydrates. But one must be careful in making t...  Read Full »

I had a diet without rice and meat. Is it healthy?

Query: Hello doctor,I had this diet with no rice and meat for five months. Is it healthy? I eat meat but only when I attend occasions. I was 99 back then and now I am 73 kg.  Read Full »

Dr. Suneetha B S

Diabetologist, Family Physician, Microbiologist, Nutritionist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. An ideal diet is a balanced combination of carbohydrates, proteins, and fats. Eating meat is not a necessity if you are taking adequate vegetarian proteins. If you are avoiding rice, but substituting that with any other healthy carbohydrate, that should be fine too. ...  Read Full »

Can I lose weight by eating only eggs for breakfast and lunch?

Query: Hello doctor,There is a diet to lose 10 kgs in 10 days where I have to eat three eggs at breakfast and three eggs at lunch and oats for dinner. So, I want to really do this diet. My question is, can I eat four or six eggs together at breakfast because I cannot have them later due to my schedule. I...  Read Full »

Dr. Durga Kumari

Dietician, Nutritionist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. This is absolutely not a good way to lose 10 kg in 10 days. It can create several health problems. So, I suggest you do not do this. The best rate would be to reduce 4 to 5 kg in a month. About eating eggs, eating three to four eggs is ideal for weight management, b...  Read Full »

Is 'eating just bananas for breakfast' a good way to lose weight?

Query: Hello docotor,I eat only two bananas for breakfast. Is it recommended to do so or does it cause stomach pain, gastritis, gas and bloating?  Read Full »

Dr. Durga Kumari

Dietician, Nutritionist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Eating bananas for breakfast is good. But having only bananas for breakfast is not complete and appropriate. The word breakfast means that you are breaking your overnight fast. So, it is should be made up of carbohydrates, protein, vitamins, minerals, and a fiber-r...  Read Full »

All the answers published in the forum are given by leading doctors, therapists and health experts.