Ct Angiography Brain

Which will show brain aneurysm clearly, MR angio or CT angio?

Query: Hi doctor, Three months ago, I had an MRA of the brain as I have weird headaches that time. The result showed a little thing, which they thought could be a small aneurysm between 1 mm and 2 mm. But, they were not sure whether it is an aneurysm or anything on the arteries. So, they advised me to go f...  Read Full »

Dr. Rajyaguru

Neuro Surgeon, Neurologist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. CT angiography has sensitivities of 77% to 97% and specificities of 87% to 100% for picking up an aneurysm. MR angio sensitivity and specificities are way less than CT angio. So, when CT angio is negative for an aneurysm, it is good news. Even more important to know is t...  Read Full »

Why do I get blackout while turning my head towards right side?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 34-year-old male with height 5'10" and weight 170 lb. Last week, when I turned my head to the right, I started to blackout. I have been doing neck stretches, pinched nerve exercises, etc. Ever since with no improvement to the condition, this may be due to golf, or light weight ...  Read Full »

Dr. C Elanchezhian

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Do you mean blackout as the sudden loss of consciousness? May I know what is the extent of the episode? If you feel blackout when looking up or turning your head, this may be due to pinching of the arteries that are present alongside the spine, called vertebral arter...  Read Full »

Can you give me a medical opinion on CT angiogram?

Query: Hello doctor, Please, could you give your medical opinion on the following CT angiogram? My query would be for you to look at the jugular veins which are near C1 in the neck. Symptoms have progressed over the course of four years, dizziness, neck pain, chronic headache, and collapse. The report ha...  Read Full »

Dr. Vivek Chail

Family Physician, General Practitioner, Radiodiagnosis Physician, Radiologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please upload your CT angiogram images. I need to go through all the images in your CD DVD and will have a detailed look at the vessels near the C1 vertebra area including the jugular veins. Regards. Revert with more information to a radiologist online --> https:...  Read Full »