Ct Chest

What does early fibrosis in chest CT indicate?

Query: Hello doctor, My husband was discharged from the hospital after COVID-19 treatment. He was admitted to the hospital for six days. When he was admitted, his CT scan showed COVID pneumonia and early fibrosis. He was on steroid treatment in the hospital and discharged in stable condition. I doubt the...  Read Full »

Dr. Zubayeralam

Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Pulmonologist, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. According to your statement, you have been suffering from COVID pneumonia. His HRCT (high-resolution chest tomography) of the chest has revealed multiple patchy ground glass in both lungs, predominantly in the periphery with subpleura...  Read Full »

Is there any safe surgical method for ovarian cyst for a patient with mild pulmonary dilatation?

Query: Hi doctor, My partner was due to have a laparoscopy of an ovarian cyst today. However, she saw a pulmonologist yesterday morning because she tested positive for COVID-19 the previous day. The pulmonologist did some scans and found mild dilatation of the pulmonary cone. He told her that she could ...  Read Full »

Dr. Zubayeralam

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. According to your statement, your partner has been suffering from ovarian cyst pain for the last two to three weeks. Laparoscopic surgery of ovarian cyst was postponed due to her pulmonologist findings of mild dilatation of the pulmonary ...  Read Full »

Do mere symptoms like cough and chest tightness indicate COVID-19 infection?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 22-year-old obese male. I am scared of my symptoms and want to know about them. Due to the pandemic, I do not want to go to the doctor for something that might not be COVID-19, but my symptoms from when I first started feeling unwell up to now scares me. Day 1 - I felt malais...  Read Full »

Dr. S D Sinha

Family Physician, Infectious Diseases Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Two things you could do, stop worrying too much and continue to take precautions. To avoid worrying, get done a few blood tests. A bit of treatment with medicines and supplements would be helpful. 1. Blood tests- CBC (complete blood count), ESR (erythrocyte sedim...  Read Full »

Will post-COVID fibrosis progress further?

Query: Hello doctor, I have suffered from COVID-19. My sequence of actions are as below. I had a fever (103 F). the next day, I had a CT scan of CO-RADS 3. Fever was not decreasing, and I got admitted to the hospital. Oximeter reading coming around 90. After two days, my body temperature was normal, and ab...  Read Full »

Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Pulmonologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the reports you have attached (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Yes, it is post-COVID fibrosis. Honestly speaking, there is no treatment at present for this. Data suggests that this fibrosis is not progressive like IPF (idiopathic...  Read Full »

Does my mother's CT scan show the cause of weakness?

Query: Hello doctor, My mother's present complaint is weakness. She is also suffering from diabetes, blood pressure, CKD and heart problem. We have done the CT scan. The CT scan shows shortness of breath in the lung. I am sending the report of a CT scan and other prescriptions. Please advise.  Read Full »

Dr. Amolkumar W Diwan

Allergy Specialist, Pulmonologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read all the reports attached here (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Your mother is a known case of diabetes mellitus, chronic kidney disease and blood pressure. Her CT chest is suggestive of left upper lobe density. Here the question is whether it ...  Read Full »

Kindly analyze the CT results and provide a treatment for the pain in the lower part of the chest.

Query: Hi Doctor,I am 64 years old, BP, Diabetes and Heart patient. I am having pain on my lower left part of the chest (above the Spleen) that looks like a bone pain. I feel it only when pressure is applied on the left side. I am having the pain for the last 10 days now. I visited a doctor and he suggeste...  Read Full »

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello went through your post and reports ,you seem to be more interested in CT scan there are nonenhancing nodules in CT which generally have no significance in clinical non enhancing are benign lesion and are common findings on CT.There are few healed rib fractures which possibly are cause of pain...  Read Full »

Will pleural thickening with scar spread to the entire lung?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 51-year-old female. I have a pleural thickening condition from a previous TB. I suffered from pleural effusion many years back and TB positive. Since then, this pleural thickening condition developed in my left lung. I had chest pain for two years. There is no problem with the ...  Read Full »

Dr. Zubayeralam

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. According to your statement, you have been suffering from pleural thickening with chest pain for a few years. You had a history of pleural effusion and PTB twice. And your pleural thickening may result from TB and pleural effusion as a r...  Read Full »

I have COVID-19 symptoms with chest scan showing viral pneumonia. What should I do?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 59-year-old male. I have Covid-19 symptoms such as fever and weakness. My CT scan shows bilateral polysegmental lesion - viral pneumonia (CT-1). Coronary calcification in all lobes of the lungs. But with a predominance in the lower lobes, multiple areas of compaction of the lu...  Read Full »

Dr. Zubayeralam

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. According to your statement, you have been suffering from fever, cough, and weakness. You have recently become COVID-19 positive. Your recent HRCT (high-resolution computed tomography) of the chest shows bilateral polysegmental lesion- v...  Read Full »

Kindly explain my condition based on the scan report taken for sarcoidosis.

Query: Hello doctor,I am in an awful condition and have been diagnosed with sarcoidosis. I have a range of neurological pain and inflammatory symptoms. I need someone to assess a couple of scans that I have. I have nasal congestion for five years, with lots of mucus in the chest and throat. Last two years,...  Read Full »

Dr. Chitrangada

Radiodiagnosis Physician, Radiologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. By the clinical images you sent (attachment removed to protect patient identity), I can understand the degree of the inflammatory response in your body tissues and concerns associated with it. I am unable to access your radiology images and would request y...  Read Full »

Are fever and loss of smell and taste signs of COVID-19 infection?

Query: Hello doctor, 0n 7th August, I had a fever of around 99 to 99.5 for two days. I took Azithromycin for three days. From 9th, no fever till date. But on 10th August, I suddenly lost my sense of smell and taste. Today I have no fever, my oxygen level varies from 94 to 98. I am checking my oxygen 10 ti...  Read Full »

Dr. Zubayeralam

Answer: Hello doctor, I can understand your concern. According to your statement, you have been suffering from loss of taste and smell. Your oxygen level varies from 94 to 98, which is excellent indeed. If your oxygen level becomes below 93, then you need oxygen supply to increase your oxygen level. Sudde...  Read Full »