Ct Chest

Please tell me about the life expectancy of cancer.

Query: Hi doctor, My friend has been having left shoulder pain for months. For the last three weeks, he is also having the hoarseness in his voice (can barely speak) and little energy. He is eating well, but not gaining weight. He has no other symptoms. He is a carpenter and 50 years old. He smokes cigaret...  Read Full »

Criticalcare Physician, Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Gastroenterologist, Nephrologist, Pulmonologist, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. We are here to help you. I am really sorry to hear about his state. The description given by you with x-ray findings (attachment removed to protect patient identity) supports the diagnosis of lung cancer. Tuberculosis is a possibility, but it is less likely. Hoarseness...  Read Full »

Does tree in bud nodules in CT scan mean cancer?

Query: Hi doctor, My CT scan says defined streaky opacity with associated loss volume and clustered tree in bud nodules have developed in the anterior segment of the upper left lobe. The associated central bronchi are impacted. Without an obvious mass, although a small central lesion is not excluded. The ...  Read Full »

Dr. Sunil Kumar Nookala

Allergy Specialist, Pulmonologist, Sleep Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Tree in bud appearance generally favors an infection. Can you upload your CT scan so that it may help? Do not bother about lung cancer. Revert with more information to a pulmonologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/pulmonologist  Read Full »

Does white patches on right side of my lung x-ray suggest cancer?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 31-year-old male. I am a smoker for 12 years. I am having throat congestion, cold, and now having excess mucus production with no history of weight loss. I have taken a chest x-ray in which there is a white patch on the right side. I wanted to know if it is cancer? My father is...  Read Full »

Dr. Vivek Chail

Family Physician, General Practitioner, Radiodiagnosis Physician, Radiologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen your x-ray. (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The chest x-ray shows a prominent right hilar area most likely due to rotation. I mean you were rotated in position when the x-ray was taken and this might cause a false appearance of right hilar...  Read Full »

Are x-ray chest, CT chest ant PFT results reliaible to rule out lung cancer?

Query: Hello doctor, I had a smoking history of three years. Three months back there were a few blood drops were there in the phlegm while clearing the throat. Out of curiosity I had few like chest x-ray, chest CT scan with contrast (lymph nodes were there but in CT reports it was written like no signific...  Read Full »

Dr. Amolkumar W Diwan

Allergy Specialist, Pulmonologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. After going through your case, I do not think there is something to worry about the possibility of lung cancer as it can be just a smoker's bronchitis. As you said, you do not have any symptoms at present and all the tests including x-ray CT (computed tomography) and...  Read Full »

Please interpret the findings of my CT thorax.

Query: Hello doctor, The CT thorax report for chronic cough in comparison made to chest radiograph. 5 mm nodule seen within the left upper lobe. No other discrete pulmonary nodule or mass is identified. 1.3 cm short axis pretracheal lymph node is identified. Calcifications noted within a normal-sized subc...  Read Full »

Dr. Amolkumar W Diwan

Allergy Specialist, Pulmonologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand from your description that you have a chronic cough and did a CT Thorax, but I am confused as there are no CT images attached. Still, I will try to help you with this report. It says, 5 mm nodule seen within the left upper lobe and 1.3 cm short axis pr...  Read Full »

Can smoking cause clubbed nails?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 23 year old male, who weighs 195 lbs and I am 5.10 feet tall. All of my fingers are clubbed. My nails have become wide and thick giving them an abnormal round appearance. The skin above my cuticles is slightly raised and red. My nails do not extend straight out, but they curve d...  Read Full »

Cardiologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the photo (attachment removed to protect patient identity) of your nails and fingers, and it is in fact clubbing. The cause is smoking-induced lung damage and bronchiectasis. Regarding the reversibility, we cannot be sure at this moment, as it will depend ...  Read Full »

Am I suffering from pneumonia?

Query: Hi doctor, I am having fever for about a month now. So, I have done a master health checkup and the report shows raised PLBS 184, SGPT 121, LDL 112 and fatty liver. My chest x-ray PA view shows right lower zone soft tissue opacity. Because of the soft tissue opacity fever pack, thyroid profile, bloo...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Based on these reports, you are suffering from pneumonia. As your PPBS (postprandial blood sugar) is high, you need further evaluation and treatment. I would advise you to get a CT chest done. Also, get a sputum fungal stain and culture done. Check HbA1...  Read Full »

Side Effects Of Phendimetrazine

Query: Hi doctor, I took thermogenic Phendimetrazine for two days. I am now experiencing shortness of breath and excessive yawning. I am also burping all the time. I stopped taking the medicine six days ago and, yet I am still gasping for breath and experiencing these side effects. My doctor did an EKG an...  Read Full »

Dr. Saumya Mittal

Diabetologist, Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The symptoms of the query are quite suggestive of the side effects of the medicine Phendimetrazine, an appetite suppressant. The symptoms should go away. However, it may take up to 15 days. Yes, the side effects can come within 2 days. Also, this side effect is well kn...  Read Full »

What is the hazy region near lung nodule in a CT-scan?

Query: Hello doctor, My mother is a 68-year-old female, non-smoker. She had a severe cold and cough two months ago. After a course of Azithromycin, her symptoms improved except she just has a dry cough at night. Last week she had a cough with blood. I took her to urgent care, they prescribed antibiotics (...  Read Full »

Dr. Vivek Chail

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read through the 10 images uploaded, 8 CT images and two report images (attachment removed to protect patient identity). You are right about the haziness posterior to the nodule in images 97-99/ 241. So what we see is a nodule with hazy margins. Concerning this a...  Read Full »

Can an interstitial lung disease be detected on a 64 slice chest CT angiography?

Query: Hello doctor,Can an interstitial lung disease be detected on a 64 slice chest CT angiography or a 128 slice 3 mm of the chest with no contrast? For the past four months, I have symptoms of chest tightness, fatigue, anxiety, broken sleep, and low back pain.  Read Full »

Dr. Vivek Chail

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Interstitial lung disease can be visualized in 64 slices and 128 slice CT machines (attachment removed to protect patient identity). A particular HRCT chest protocol is to be followed. No contrast is needed.  Read Full »