Ct Chest

Are fever and loss of smell and taste signs of COVID-19 infection?

Query: Hello doctor, 0n 7th August, I had a fever of around 99 to 99.5 for two days. I took Azithromycin for three days. From 9th, no fever till date. But on 10th August, I suddenly lost my sense of smell and taste. Today I have no fever, my oxygen level varies from 94 to 98. I am checking my oxygen 10 ti...  Read Full »

Dr. Zubayeralam

Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Pulmonologist, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello doctor, I can understand your concern. According to your statement, you have been suffering from loss of taste and smell. Your oxygen level varies from 94 to 98, which is excellent indeed. If your oxygen level becomes below 93, then you need oxygen supply to increase your oxygen level. Sudde...  Read Full »

What can cause hiccups for six days?

Query: My father is 77 years old. He has had episodes of hiccups before. Now for the past 6 days he is having hiccups. Earlier when he used to have hiccups, he used to have Ulgel A syrup and it would stop. But now he has been taking Rantac, Baclofen 10 mg, Perinorm, Ulgel A syrup and Mucaine Gel. Still his...  Read Full »

Dr. Ajeet Kumar Lohana

Answer: Hello. I welcome you to icliniq. I can understand how you are feeling about your father such condition. Well the treatment he is receiving is already more than enough. Baclofen and Perinorm are two medications which have effect on hiccups. But it is required to establish the underlying cause for ...  Read Full »

How to diagnose the cause of shortness of breath and extreme fatigue?

Query: Hi doctor, My mom, who is 76 years old, has a transferritin saturation level of 17. She has been scheduled for iron infusion therapy. She feels extremely fatigued, short of breath and arthritic pain. She cannot tolerate oral Iron. She has had iron infusions before, but do not last long. What to do? ...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I am trying to understand whether she has iron deficiency anemia or anemia of chronic disease or myelodysplastic syndrome. Did she ever get a bone marrow biopsy or hemoglobin electrophoresis? Can you share her latest complete blood count (CBC) before and after the inf...  Read Full »

Does Doxycycline affect the accuracy of sputum report?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 45 year old female. I am getting on and off cough. I have lost 5 kg in the last two years. My CT shows atypical changes and QuantiFERON TB test shows positive with a reading of 0.38. I am waiting to get my sputum test result. I am currently on Doxycycline 100 mg per day and this i...  Read Full »

Dr. Nageswara Rao

Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. As per your symptoms, pulmonary tuberculosis have to be ruled out. Weight loss of 5 kg in two years is not significant. But, on and off cough with breathlessness is significant. QuantiFERON TB is not a diagnosis of active TB, It shows latent TB. Your CT findings (attachme...  Read Full »

Could chest pain in an 8-year-old kid indicate cardiac problem?

Query: Hello doctor, My 8-year-old son has been having chest pains since six months. He takes medication for acid reflux, anxiety, and asthma currently. We had a CT scan done but the doctor says it should nothing to be concerned about, however, some of the stuff in the report I feel is of concern and I...  Read Full »

Cardiologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the CT report (attachment removed to protect patient identity). There are variations in the branching pattern, but this is fine to have. Many individuals have such a branching pattern without any consequences. Slight bulging was mentioned at rami...  Read Full »

Please tell me about the life expectancy of cancer.

Query: Hi doctor, My friend has been having left shoulder pain for months. For the last three weeks, he is also having the hoarseness in his voice (can barely speak) and little energy. He is eating well, but not gaining weight. He has no other symptoms. He is a carpenter and 50 years old. He smokes cigaret...  Read Full »

Criticalcare Physician, Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Gastroenterologist, Nephrologist, Pulmonologist, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. We are here to help you. I am really sorry to hear about his state. The description given by you with x-ray findings (attachment removed to protect patient identity) supports the diagnosis of lung cancer. Tuberculosis is a possibility, but it is less likely. Hoarseness...  Read Full »

Does tree in bud nodules in CT scan mean cancer?

Query: Hi doctor, My CT scan says defined streaky opacity with associated loss volume and clustered tree in bud nodules have developed in the anterior segment of the upper left lobe. The associated central bronchi are impacted. Without an obvious mass, although a small central lesion is not excluded. The ...  Read Full »

Dr. Sunil Kumar Nookala

Allergy Specialist, Pulmonologist, Sleep Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Tree in bud appearance generally favors an infection. Can you upload your CT scan so that it may help? Do not bother about lung cancer. Revert with more information to a pulmonologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/pulmonologist  Read Full »

Does white patches on right side of my lung x-ray suggest cancer?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 31-year-old male. I am a smoker for 12 years. I am having throat congestion, cold, and now having excess mucus production with no history of weight loss. I have taken a chest x-ray in which there is a white patch on the right side. I wanted to know if it is cancer? My father is...  Read Full »

Dr. Vivek Chail

Family Physician, General Practitioner, Radiodiagnosis Physician, Radiologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen your x-ray. (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The chest x-ray shows a prominent right hilar area most likely due to rotation. I mean you were rotated in position when the x-ray was taken and this might cause a false appearance of right hilar...  Read Full »

Are x-ray chest, CT chest ant PFT results reliaible to rule out lung cancer?

Query: Hello doctor, I had a smoking history of three years. Three months back there were a few blood drops were there in the phlegm while clearing the throat. Out of curiosity I had few like chest x-ray, chest CT scan with contrast (lymph nodes were there but in CT reports it was written like no signific...  Read Full »

Dr. Amolkumar W Diwan

Allergy Specialist, Pulmonologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. After going through your case, I do not think there is something to worry about the possibility of lung cancer as it can be just a smoker's bronchitis. As you said, you do not have any symptoms at present and all the tests including x-ray CT (computed tomography) and...  Read Full »

Please interpret the findings of my CT thorax.

Query: Hello doctor, The CT thorax report for chronic cough in comparison made to chest radiograph. 5 mm nodule seen within the left upper lobe. No other discrete pulmonary nodule or mass is identified. 1.3 cm short axis pretracheal lymph node is identified. Calcifications noted within a normal-sized subc...  Read Full »

Dr. Amolkumar W Diwan

Allergy Specialist, Pulmonologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand from your description that you have a chronic cough and did a CT Thorax, but I am confused as there are no CT images attached. Still, I will try to help you with this report. It says, 5 mm nodule seen within the left upper lobe and 1.3 cm short axis pr...  Read Full »