Cycloplegic Refraction

Recently Answered Questions Recently Answered Questions

All the answers published in this website are written by Verified medical doctors, therapists and health experts. The Content has been moderated by iCliniq medical review team before publication. Post your medical clarifications on iCliniq by choosing the right specialty and get them answered. Your medical queries will be answered 24/7 by top doctors from iCliniq.

I am not able to focus both my eyes on a single point. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, When I look towards my left, I can use either left eye or right eye. I am unable to focus both the eyes on a single point. Also, When I move my eyes towards left, my left eyeball goes little upward than the right. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Shikha

General Practitioner, Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to This is a very distressing situation being not able to focus both of the eyes at a single point at a time. This is a situation known as squint. It is because of fusion abnormality when the image from both the eyes is not formed at a single point on the retina. At first, g...  Read Full »

How is hypermetropia corrected?

Query: Hi doctor, Before three years I had Lasik surgery for my eyes, which were -7 in both. Afterwards I started developing hypermetropia reaching +1.75 L and +1.5 R. Recently, I started losing focus and binocularity when dealing with near objects and my left eye tends to shift away from my nose that is...  Read Full »

Dr. Vaibhev Mittal

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to My suggestion is to get cycloplegic refraction done and use glasses as per prescription given after cycloplegic refraction.  Ask your doctor to check your convergence as you might have convergence weakness. If there is convergence weakness then start convergence exer...  Read Full »

Why there are red eye, tearing, and uncontrolled pupil movement on wearing glasses in 9 years old?

Query: Hello doctor, My son is 9 years old. He got his first prescription glasses two years ago, and it was 1.00 and 1.25. Since he started to wear glasses, he had red eyes, tearing, and after some times pupil goes side to side out of control. Then we were referred to an ophthalmologist. He said my son's s...  Read Full »

Dr. Rahul Vaswani

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to Did he undergo cycloplegic refraction? Cycloplegic refraction means, children cannot be tested for glasses like adults. For children, we have to first put drops like Homatropine to dilate their eyes and then optometrist has to do a retinoscopy to determine the number...  Read Full »

ask-doctor-img Ask a Doctor Online

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours
Chat with a Doctor

Chat with a Doctor

Starting @ just $29.99

Search for a Health Issue


Disclaimer: All health Q&As published on this website are not intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek the advice from your physician or other qualified health-care providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website.