Delusion

Is it necessary to change antidepressants if the symptoms persist even after increasing the dose?

Query: Hi doctor, I have had delusions and paranoia in the past due to marihuana use. I have had problems with depression and bipolar symptoms due to substance abuse. It has been two weeks that I increased Fluoxetine from 20 mg to 40 mg and Aripiprazole from 10 mg to 15mg. I switched tobacco smoke to IQOS...  Read Full »

Dr. Anjali Viswanath

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. From what you mentioned, I understand that you are on these medications and are concerned about continuing therapy. It is always better to continue treatment. There will be a relapse of symptoms if you stop the medication abruptly. And also, it would be nice if you...  Read Full »

Why is my brother doing crazy things lately?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a brother and he is doing crazy things. I am the only one in my family taking care of him. There is no one to care about him and I need some help to identify his problem. My brother believes that he is the person who created heaven and earth. He believes that he can bring a dead...  Read Full »

Dr. Suresh Kumar G D

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are worried about your brother. From your description, it seems like your brother is having delusional beliefs and related unusual odd behavior. It seems to be suggestive of psychosis. Conditions like schizophrenia and bipolar mood disorder can cause these types...  Read Full »

Do my symptoms indicate that I have schizophrenia?

Query: Hi doctor, I am having delusions of grandeur. I am imagining that someone is watching me at home. I see shapes in shadows and light. I sometimes believe I am mighty, and people do not appreciate that. I like being left alone in my thoughts most of the time. I do not like socializing. I have convers...  Read Full »

Dr. E Easodhavidhya

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Let me first reassure you that your symptoms do not point towards Schizophrenia. I hope that would be reassuring. The information you have provided is very brief. It is not clear about your age or what you do. But there are other important information you have provided,...  Read Full »

I walk 5 km every day, but I am not able to control my weight gain. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, I have been using Risperidone 2 mg, Escitalopram 10 mg for psychosis and Met XL 25 mg for hypertension. My weight is 103 kg and my height is 5'7". How to stay mentally healthy without gaining weight? I walk for 5 km for five days a week. I am maintaining a diet with morning tiffin, oil-l...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. There are two aggravating factors that are contributing to the weight gain in your case. One is the drugs you are taking. Risperidone is known to cause weight gain and you are on this drug since long. This could be the reason of poor control...  Read Full »

Do I have delusion disorder or paranoid schizophrenia?

Query: Hi doctor, I would like to know whether my disease is delusion disorder or paranoid schizophrenia. I have been taking Risperidone 2 mg for 16 years, Escitalopram 10 mg for 7 years and for hypertension Met XL 25 mg for 5 years. My cholesterol levels are normal. I am a pure vegetarian. I do not smoke....  Read Full »

Dr. Sreenivasan Vazhoor Ramsingh

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I am sorry to hear about your mental state, but at the same time I do appreciate you for being on regular medicines. However, even though your question is very direct, I am sorry to say that I cannot give you a straight forward answer or diagnosis. First and most impor...  Read Full »

How to help a person with a psychological problem?

Query: Hi doctor, My dad is 59 years old and had angioplasty three years back. After angioplasty, he was on high medication. Also, he started to develop psychological problems. He is having illusions that my mom is having affair with whosoever comes to our house. He started troubling my mom a lot. Now, he ...  Read Full »

Dr. Kumarshri Shriniwas Saraswat

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. This symptom of suspecting fidelity of spouse is known as delusion of jealousy. It is commonly seen in alcohol abusers or addicts. It is treated with antipsychotics. As he does not have insight or understanding into his problem, he is unlikely to see a psychiatrist and...  Read Full »

How is delusional jealousy treated?

Query: Hi doctor, My dad is suffering from a delusion of jealousy for the last three years. What is the treatment for it? The main problem is that my dad has no insight of his problem. How much time will it take to recover? Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Sonia Malhotra

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The treatment is antipsychotic medicines like Olanzapine, Aripiprazole, etc., followed by insight oriented psychotherapy after remission. But, please ensure that there are no other symptoms like delusions of persecution or control, hearing voices, sleep and appetite chang...  Read Full »

I hear several voices and get paranoid thoughts. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor,I am an 18 year old female. In the past year, I had been hearing several voices telling me to do certain things. Sometimes, I hear things that are not really present. Often, I feel like I am observing my own life as an outsider and this has been happening for two years. I also have trouble...  Read Full »

Dr. Mehwish Mursaleen

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read and completely understand that you have been facing a disturbed state of mind. The symptoms you have mentioned here are indication of a psychotic phenomenon called as hallucinations. It is a kind of phenomenon in which a person sees unusual things such as pers...  Read Full »

Will Olanzapine help in delusion and behavioral change in elderly?

Query: Hello doctor, This is about a 71-year-old male. Psychiatrist said that a plain CT scan and another CT scan should be taken with contrast, but after four attempts they could not create channel in his veins, so contrast CT scan of the brain was not done. Plain CT scan of the brain showed: Cortical ...  Read Full »

Dr. Parth Nagda

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The symptoms you have described, of paranoid ideation, suspiciousness, restlessness, decreased sleep are all indicative of a psychotic type of illness, most probably schizophrenia. It will require treatment from a psychiatrist with antipsychotic medicines. Olanzapin...  Read Full »

How long I need to continue Soltus for delusions?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 33-year-old male, and my height is 5 ft and 8 inches. I am currently on medication of Soltus 75 mg, which was earlier Soltus 100 mg. I am on medication for one year and a half. I was having delusions. I want to know till how long do I need to continue this medication as I am ga...  Read Full »

Dr. Suresh Kumar G D

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Soltus (Amisulpride) is an antipsychotic medication given to manage symptoms like delusions, hallucinations, thought disturbances, etc. These symptoms can occur in different situations like extreme stress, psychosis, etc. Discuss with your prescribing psychiatrist re...  Read Full »