Delusion

How to help a person with a psychological problem?

Query: Hi doctor, My dad is 59 years old and had angioplasty three years back. After angioplasty, he was on high medication. Also, he started to develop psychological problems. He is having illusions that my mom is having affair with whosoever comes to our house. He started troubling my mom a lot. Now, he ...  Read Full »

Dr. Kumarshri Shriniwas Saraswat

Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Psychotherapist, Sexologist, Sleep Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. This symptom of suspecting fidelity of spouse is known as delusion of jealousy. It is commonly seen in alcohol abusers or addicts. It is treated with antipsychotics. As he does not have insight or understanding into his problem, he is unlikely to see a psychiatrist and...  Read Full »

How is delusional jealousy treated?

Query: Hi doctor, My dad is suffering from a delusion of jealousy for the last three years. What is the treatment for it? The main problem is that my dad has no insight of his problem. How much time will it take to recover? Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Sonia Malhotra

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The treatment is antipsychotic medicines like Olanzapine, Aripiprazole, etc., followed by insight oriented psychotherapy after remission. But, please ensure that there are no other symptoms like delusions of persecution or control, hearing voices, sleep and appetite chang...  Read Full »

Why is my brother doing crazy things lately?

Query: I have a brother And he's been doing crazy things lately. I'm the only one in my family that seems to care. There's really no one else that cares about him and I really need some help on identify what the problem can be. My brother believes he's the one that created heaven and earth. He believes he ...  Read Full »

Dr. Suresh Kumar G D

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician, Psychiatrist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq. I can understand that you are worried about your brother. From your description , it looks like your brother is having delusional beliefs and related unusual odd behaviour. This can be suggestive of psychosis. Conditions like schizophrenia, bipolar mood disorder can cause ...  Read Full »

I hear several voices and get paranoid thoughts. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor,I am an 18 year old female. In the past year, I had been hearing several voices telling me to do certain things. Sometimes, I hear things that are not really present. Often, I feel like I am observing my own life as an outsider and this has been happening for two years. I also have trouble...  Read Full »

Dr. Mehwish Mursaleen

Psychologist Counsellor

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read and completely understand that you have been facing a disturbed state of mind. The symptoms you have mentioned here are indication of a psychotic phenomenon called as hallucinations. It is a kind of phenomenon in which a person sees unusual things such as pers...  Read Full »

Will Olanzapine help in delusion and behavioral change in elderly?

Query: Hello doctor, This is about a 71-year-old male. Psychiatrist said that a plain CT scan and another CT scan should be taken with contrast, but after four attempts they could not create channel in his veins, so contrast CT scan of the brain was not done. Plain CT scan of the brain showed: Cortical ...  Read Full »

Dr. Parth Nagda

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The symptoms you have described, of paranoid ideation, suspiciousness, restlessness, decreased sleep are all indicative of a psychotic type of illness, most probably schizophrenia. It will require treatment from a psychiatrist with antipsychotic medicines. Olanzapin...  Read Full »

How long I need to continue Soltus for delusions?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 33-year-old male, and my height is 5 ft and 8 inches. I am currently on medication of Soltus 75 mg, which was earlier Soltus 100 mg. I am on medication for one year and a half. I was having delusions. I want to know till how long do I need to continue this medication as I am ga...  Read Full »

Dr. Suresh Kumar G D

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Soltus (Amisulpride) is an antipsychotic medication given to manage symptoms like delusions, hallucinations, thought disturbances, etc. These symptoms can occur in different situations like extreme stress, psychosis, etc. Discuss with your prescribing psychiatrist re...  Read Full »

Will a patient with paranoid schizophrenia have delusion all through the day and night?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a few doubts about schizophrenia. Will a patient with paranoid schizophrenia have delusion 24/7? Or they occur at a particular time or under situations like when they are alone doing nothing? If a schizophrenic patient is committing crimes will there be any pattern?  Read Full »

Dr. Parth Singh

Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Sexologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Delusions are fixed firm unshakable beliefs that are not in keeping with a person's cultural, social and educational background. If a person is deluded about something he has it 24x7. But that does not mean that all of his functionality will be gone. Except for the doma...  Read Full »

Is there any solution to delusion?

Query: Hello doctor, I am facing a problem with delusion. It is like an attack and I start thinking that my family members or my friends want to do something wrong with me and I suddenly get very angry and start shouting. The base of this problem is around 12 years ago when I spoke wrong about a female me...  Read Full »

Dr. Nidhi Jain Bukharia

General Practitioner, Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Sexologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Delusion is a false belief, which is very firm and unshakeable. It is a symptom of psychosis, which is found in schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, depression, mania, etc. It is due to increased dopamine chemical in the brain. Other causes are genetic, sociocultural and ps...  Read Full »

How can we lead a healthy life with delusions?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 32-year-old woman, autistic and I live with delusions. I am aware of my delusion disorder. I have taken evaluations for schizophrenia before, and the result came back with early schizophrenia. Is it possible to live a healthy life with delusions? I am aware of my delusion disorder...  Read Full »

Dr. Vishal Anilkumar Gandhi

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You may have early schizophrenia. If it is not affecting your healthy life, then it is fine. But it will progress with time. You need treatment to have control over your disease. I have seen many persons with delusional disorder doing functional and social life. If you ...  Read Full »

My psychiatric medicines are causing hormonal side effects. Please advise.

Query: Hi doctor, I was taking Soltus 100 mg for delusion problem for a year. Now, I am absolutely fine. Before a month, the doctor has reduced my dosage to Soltus 75 mg. Now, I am facing hormonal problems like weight gain and amenorrhea. I am having my menstrual cycles once in two months (after taking so...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are suffering from delusion disorder and you are taking Tablet Soltus 75 mg for the problem. It can lead to raised prolactin level as side effects. So, either dosage reduction is needed or this drug should be replaced by another antipsychotic medication and psych...  Read Full »