Q. What is the treatment for dengue?

Dr. Pooja Pardhi
This is a premium question & answer published on Mar 15, 2016 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I have been bit by a dengue mosquito yesterday. Which medicine do I need to take? What is the treatment for dengue? Please guide.

#

I have gone through your query and can understand your health concern.

• Only symptomatic treatment is recommended that is antipyretics for fever and antacids for nausea and vomiting.
  • Take plenty of fluids in the form of water, oral rehydration salt solution (ORS) and fruit juices.
  • Do not take any intramuscular injection. Watch for any bleeding from any body parts.
  • If platelets are below 30000, then platelet transfusion is required. Consult a physician if you develop cough, breathing difficulty or abdominal pain.

For further information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

|