Q. Please tell me about the management of depression and anxiety.

Answered by Dr. Parth Singh and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Depression or Anxiety? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

I have depression, anxiety, lack of confidence, social anxiety, sweating and fast heartbeat, suicidal thoughts, weakness for the last 15 years. I am 38 years old, male and started masturbation at the age of 18. After some days, I started feeling nightfall regularly. I feel I ruined my life and went to a local doctor and they said that masturbation creates weakness in you. I was shocked and afraid and went into a deep depression thinking that I have destroyed my life.

I avoid to meet people and soon had a lack of sleep with low energy. I lost my confidence and deeply regret and this phobia causes me depression and anxiety. I had taken so my ayurvedic medicine but no result. Finally, I tried lots of psychiatrist but medicine made me less active and I was not able to come out of my depression and anxiety and weakness. Then I went to meet a psychiatrist. They prescribed me Nexito 10 mg in the morning and Buspar 5 mg day and night. Presently I am taking these medications. But there is no proper improvement.

In the past, I have taken lots of psychiatric medicines like Mirtaz 15 mg, Paxil, Prestiq, Stablon but no result. Please suggest should I go with my current treatment of Nexito 10 mg once and Buspar 5 mg twice or I should add other medicine or should I increase my dose of current medicine. I also feel sexually weak. Please help me with your expert advice.