Q. Please suggest a diet plan for hypothyroidism and high BP.

Dr. Neha Suryawanshi

I am a 50 year old male. My height is 6 feet and my weight is 90 kg. I take regular medications for hypothyroidism and high BP. I am attaching my latest reports. Please suggest a low-carb high-fat vegetarian diet.

Dr. Neha Suryawanshi

Dietician Fitness Expert Nutritionist
#

I have read your query and gone through your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

• According to your height, your ideal weight should be 63 kg. You need to reduce at least 25 kg. Your total cholesterol count is high.
  • General suggestions as follows:
  1. Include almonds and flaxseeds daily in your diet.
  2. Take a high-fiber low-fat diet.
  3. Drink plenty of water.
  4. Take small and frequent meals at regular intervals of two to three hours.
  5. Avoid eating out.
  6. Include a lot of fresh fruits and green vegetables.
  • Sample diet plan as follows:
  1. Take two to three almonds, walnuts and dates in the morning when you get up.
  2. Take sprouts, vegetable daliya, vegetable paratha, vegetable sandwich, moong dal cheela, or besancheela with skimmed milk for breakfast.
  3. Take one apple in the mid-morning.
  4. Take two green roti with dal, green vegetables, curd or buttermilk and green salad for lunch.
  5. Take puffed rice, roasted chana, nuts and green tea at teatime.
  6. Take vegetable khichdi and a green salad for dinner.

|