Q. I get the feeling of emptying my bowel whenever I go out. Please help.

Dr. Babu Lal Meena
Published on Sep 19, 2015 and last reviewed on: Jan 30, 2019

I am 25 years old. My weight is 63 kg. I have masturbation habit for 6 years. My stomach gets bloated and there is gas formation. I also have tiredness and diarrhea. I have to apply pressure for passing urine and stools. I get the feeling of emptying my bowel whenever I got to go out for work. So, I have fear every time while going for work or going to meet someone. I do not get normal stools or my bladder does not get cleaned properly and I always have the fullness sensation. I have frequent urination problem. I have pain while I urinate and blood in stool like once in the last year.

Report of gastroendoscopy says gastroduodenitis. I have checked for piles also but I do not have piles. Doctor's prescription and reports are attached. I had checked with the doctor about 4 months back. I have taken medicine also. But now I do not take any medicine.

Dr. Babu Lal Meena

Child Health Medical Gastroenterology Paediatrics
#

I have gone through your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It is a common problem, most of the individuals have bad bowel habits in some forms. This kind of problem is called IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome). This disorder leads to bloating and frequent bowel movements. The treatment is simple.Most of the patients respond to simple measures with dietary therapy and Isabgol. We do not need to do further investigation.

1. Take high fibre diet.
2. Take plenty of water.
3. Take Isabgol 3 spoons twice a day in 200 ml water/milk.
4. Avoid fatty foods and fat in meals.
5. Avoid spices in the meal.
6. Do regular exercise, at least for one hour in a day.
7. Take tablet Pantoprazole 40 mg once in a day for 15 days and then we will decrease it and can stop it later on.

Please suggest some ayurveda medicine for IBS.

Query: Hi doctor, I am getting diarrhea for five days in a month. Also, I always have loose stool. When I consulted my doctor I came to know that it is irritable bowel syndrome. I would like to get it cured through ayurveda medicine. Please suggest me a treatment.  Read Full >>

Dr. Niveditha Srinivasamurthy

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. IBS (irritable bowel syndrome) has become a common problem nowadays. The main reason for IBS is outside food. A chronic infection caused due to unhygienic food results in IBS. Avoid outside food completely for six months and include two cups of buttermilk in your dail...  Read Full

What are the specific ways to bring down the symptoms of IBS?

Query: Hi doctor, Please say about the specific ways to reduce the IBS symptoms.  Read Full >>

Dr. Koushik Mukherjee

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Irritable bowel syndrome has these symptoms such as decreased sleep at night, depression, musculoskeletal pain or fibromyalgia, decreased sexual performance, and inadequate attention. IBS can be diarrhea-predominant or constipation predominant or mixed. In the case of ...  Read Full

Why am I having diarrhea following constipation for a long time?

Query: Hi doctor, I am having a slightly upset stomach with bloating for the past four months. I thought I had a bug. Two weeks later, it seemed much better. However, my bowel movements did not return to normal. I had mostly constipation for about a month (even though my stomach did not feel as upset anym...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your history fits into the acid peptic disease. I do not find any sign of cancer over here (attachment removed to protect patient identity). I would recommend you the following. A combination of Pantoprazole and Domperidone once daily for a few days. A good probiotic, t...  Read Full