Dystonia

Is death a complication of long term use of Levobren?

Query: Hi doctor, I am writing about my mother who died 22 days back at the age of 76. For nearly ten years, she suffered from bronchiectasis and was treated with Cortisone. Five years back, because of a general illness (insomnia, tremors and loss of appetite) we went to a few specialists such as dietician...  Read Full »

Dr. Sudheer Ambekar

Neuro Surgeon, Neurologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Sorry to hear about your mother. Sluggishness, vomiting and sopor (abnormally deep sleep) are the common side effects. Also, long-term use may lead to dystonia. From the given information, I will not be able to exactly pinpoint the cause of death. However, I believe the t...  Read Full »

Why is there a skin discoloration in my back?

Query: Hi doctor, I have been diagnosed with cervical dystonia, a chronic neck disorder for most of my adult life. It is extremely debilitating and treatment resistant. The onset was after car accidents, stress and substance abuse at age from 19 to 21. I am no longer smoke or drink and have stopped before ...  Read Full »

Dr. Salah Saad Shoman

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your treatment plan seems efficient, but still did not match up to your satisfaction. The remaining two treatment options that you have not tried are deep brain stimulation and sensory trick, which is a stimulation applied to the affected or nearby body part that...  Read Full »