Q. How can I avoid getting tired after gym through vegetarian food?

Dr. Avani Shah

How to be healthy and fit? I am going to the gym for the past 45 days but after coming from the gym, I am feeling uneasy and sleepy. So please suggest me healthy vegetarian foods that should keep me full day happy and healthy.

Dr. Avani Shah

Dietician Nutritionist
#

Thanks for sharing your query with me. It is good that you have started with exercises. Pre and post exercise meal is very important for better muscle recovery. You can have one fruit and six almonds and two walnuts before exercise for instant energy. After exercise, try to have your major meal like breakfast or dinner or lunch. If that is not possible, have fruits, smoothie with chia seeds (a good combination of carbohydrates and protein).

| 

Supplements vs Natural Health Gainers

Article Overview: This article provides insight into the artificial products used by people for weight gain and their side effects. And will tell you about some natural food items, which are safe for a healthy body. Read Article

Dr. Shakti Mishra
Nutritionist

Most of the youngsters nowadays are very passionate about improving their height and weight. They end up choosing some means, which are not good in the long run. No offense to these products, as they are just doing their work. These artificial supplements should be taken in a very precise manner, bo...  Read Article

What is the cause of left-sided hand and leg numbness?

Query: Hello doctor,Left side hand and leg numbness and tiredness. I am taking cardiac medications.  Read Full »

I feel full quickly and I am tired very much. How can I be treated?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 39-year-old female. I take Nature-Throid for hypothyroidism and Wellbutrin for anxiety. I have recently been feeling full quickly and tired. My blood work came back normal. An abdominal CT scan was clear and a vaginal ultrasound was clear. What could be caus...  Read Full »

Ask a Nutritionist Now