Q. I feel full quickly and I am tired very much. How can I be treated?

Dr. Muhammad M. Hanif Md.
Published on Dec 04, 2017

I am a 39-year-old female. I take Nature-Throid for hypothyroidism and Wellbutrin for anxiety. I have recently been feeling full quickly and tired. My blood work came back normal. An abdominal CT scan was clear and a vaginal ultrasound was clear. What could be causing this?

Dr. Muhammad M. Hanif Md.

Cardiology Critical Care Physician General Medicine Internal Medicine
#

I have reviewed your health query and can understand your worries.

• The main culprit in your case is the thyroid gland that is not working to the level it is supposed to do.
  • Hypothyroidism is the cause of everything in your body. Mood swings also are impacted by the thyroid in most of the hypothyroid patients. Tiredness, abdominal and/or digestive issues are also due to the low functioning thyroid.
  • When our digestion is not that good, it leads to enhanced weakness, tiredness, and a low mood. Movements of the gut are also down and there is slow digestion of the food.
  • All of this is aggravated by anxiety. Once your anxiety is under control and thyroid starts to function normally (medications can take the levels of thyroid hormone to normal), you would start feeling much better. So, do not worry and have faith that you would be okay soon.
  • Follow up with your treating physician and take medications as prescribed.

Hope this helps. Please feel free to ask more if you have queries.

For more information consult a general medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/general-medicine-physician

My energy levels are low, and feel sad and cranky. What can I do?

Query: Hello doctor, Lying all day not interested in literally anything, energy levels low, feel tired without any reasons, sad, cranky and not doing any work. This happens in cycles, might work for a day and then shut off for weeks doing nothing productive and feeling stuck. Been quite a long time experi...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You seem to be suffering from major depressive disorder. You need to take medication for your disorder and be active in your life. Try to do exercise daily like just go for walk for 30 to 45 minutes, take good food avoid junk food, take good sound sleep at least 6 to 8 ...  Read Full

Generalized Anxiety Disorder(GAD)

Article Overview: A 35-year-old woman came to me with a chief complaint of muscle tension. She stated that she has experienced a considerable amount of muscle tension her entire life, but it has become increasingly worse over the last 12 months. Read Article

The above mentioned patient is suffering from Generalized Anxiety Disorder (GAD). GAD can be defined as anxiety and worry about several events and activities for a majority of the day. The anxiety and worry of GAD differs from normal anxiety by its excessiveness, the difficu...  Read Article

Can hypothyroidism cause joint pain, shivering and fever?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 30 years old. My weight is 60 kg and height is 5'10". Three months before, I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism. Also, I am suffering from joint pain, shivering and fever. For this condition doctor advised me to take Thyrox 50 mcg, Thyrox 100 mcg for 10 days and Thyrox 125 mcg for ne...  Read Full >>

Dr. Divakara P

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Well, your symptoms are not related to thyroid issue. You could be having a viral infection. So, I suggest you to take tablet Zerodol P (combination of Aceclofenac and Paracetamol) three times a day. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and take the me...  Read Full