Q. My baby is suffering from eczema. Please suggest some treatment.

Answered by Dr. Babu Lal Meena.

Do you have a question on Eczema or Allergy? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

My 5 months old baby has pretty bad eczema. Just recently, he had a bad flare-up in which he was weeping from both legs, arms, hands and cheeks. For 80% of the day he is suffering with rash and seems to have no relief at all. He scratches and cries continuously throughout the day and wakes up in his sleep. None of the remedies we tried have produced relief such as wet wraps, bleach baths, ointments, eczema creams, cortisone, etc. Is there a product that is good and available OTC? Would he need something prescription based? Could it possibly be something in the environment that is causing the flare-up like dust? His mother has altered her diet to accommodate him accordingly. Is weeping a sign of infection?