Q. I have polymyosistis. Shall I follow my regular exercise plan?

Dr. Shakti Mishra

I have a health and exercise question. I am 24 years old and I weigh 293 lbs, 5'9". I have polymyositis. I started a new workout today. I did five pushups, five reps, five squats, eight reps, 20 standing stiff leg ups, seven reps, five flys, eight rep, 10 curls, 10 reps using two eight lbs gallons of water. Not all at once, alternating between arms and legs. I wanted to know if it was fine for a starting workout. I also had 151 grams of protein so far today and one gallon of water to drink. Is this fine for a starting plan?

Dr. Shakti Mishra

Fitness Expert Nutritionist Physiotherapy Yoga
#

Having polymyositis, you should start with a fewer resistance exercise and more of stretching exercises to improve flexibility. Yes, the exercise plan you made is fine for a good start. But maintain the muscle length through stretching exercises before initiation of the workout. Protein content increased by 250 gms per day and one gallon of water. Drink enough water before the workout. Take equal amount of rest in between the sessions. It helps the recovery of muscle soreness. It can include aerobic exercises. Count your heart beats to increase the time period.

|