Q. What is the right time to exercise?

Dr. Saravan Pramod Settipalli

I need an advice on what is the right time to exercise during the day? Let me tell you that currently, I can only manage to walk on the treadmill and do the cycling in the gym. So I have two options in terms of time. One, in the morning before the breakfast and the second one is in the evening. If, I exercise in the evening then again two options, one after dinner or before. Please let me know which option to choose. Currently, I am taking diabetes medications.

#

Your body’s core temperature is an important factor in determining the quality of exercise.

A cold body causes muscles stiff, inefficient, and susceptible to sprains whereas higher body temperatures leave muscles more flexible, more adjustable for workouts.

Body temperature typically increases throughout the day. Typically, more body temperature in the late afternoon.

Some hormones have effects on workout which usually secretes more during the day. So will be more by late afternoon.

A regular workout will be helpful if u do it during late afternoon or before dinner.

It better to have workout to be done on empty stomach. You need to look for diet management along with workout.

For more information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

|