Q. I had Mylanta that was expired. Will it cause any problem?

Dr. Ahmed Elhaged
This is a premium question & answer published on Mar 23, 2016 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I had indigestion, so I took some Mylanta. I did not check the expiration date and had a teaspoon of it. Then I noticed that it got expired some years ago. Will I be fine? Or what should I do?

Dr. Ahmed Elhaged

Pharmacology
#

• First of all Mylanta (combination of Magnesium hydroxide, Aluminium hydroxide and Simethicone) is not prescribed for indigestion. It is for hyperacidity and burning sensation in your esophagus and stomach.
  • It will not affect you. Do not worry. It will not harm you, but will not relieve you as well.
  • Please tell me what exactly do you feel? So that I can help you better.

Revert back with the information to a pharmacologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/pharmacologist

|