Q. My right eye is bigger than the left one. Why do my eyes pain and get watery?

Answered by
Dr. Alka
and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.
This is a premium question & answer published on May 16, 2017 and last reviewed on: Nov 02, 2019

Hi doctor,

I am a 23 year old girl, who weighs 59 kg and I am 165 cm tall. In some of my pictures, my eyes do not look the same. The right eye is quite bigger than the left one, but my eye lens looks the same size. Are there any ways to solve this problem? Is there any side effects of this? My eyes pain sometimes, and they feel tired and get watery.

Dr. Alka

Ayurveda Specialist


Welcome to icliniq.com.

  • This is completely normal, as long as it does not interfere with your vision.
  • Eyes have different parts like lens, sclera, iris, pupil, etc. As you have been talking about lens size that is a different thing, lens size has nothing to do with the overall eye size. You can only see the external size of your eye, which might vary a little bit. Many people have different size of eyes.
  • Not even eyes sometimes the left sided body organs may be a bit different in size from right sided organs, as fingers of one hand may have mild thickness variation from the left hand. As long as these things do not interfere with your normal functioning of the body, do not worry about it.
  • Eye pain, eye tiredness, and watering of eyes may be a matter of concern. It may have various reasons like excessive use of mobile or laptop, inadequate sleep, vision problem, stress, etc.
  • If your eyesight is normal and you do not have excessive stress, then limit the use of mobile, laptop, etc., because excessive blue light can cause all these problems. Try doing the following.
  1. Wash your eyes two to three times a day with fresh water.
  2. Rub your palms against each other and then give that heat to your closed eyes. You can do this 5 to 7 times a day.
  3. Consume a diet rich in vitamin A like carrot, orange, papaya, mango, milk, etc. As vitamin A is good for eyes.
  4. Sleep adequately, for at least 6 to 8 hours a day.
  5. Protect eyes from sunlight. Wear sunglasses while going out.
  • These all are precautionary eye care measures and will help you if the problem is only mild. But, if you have a vision problem and excessive pain, then consult a nearby ophthalmologist, and go for a complete eye check up.

For further queries consult an ayurveda specialist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/ayurveda-specialist

Was this answer helpful?


Ask a QueryAsk a Query Consult by PhoneConsult by Phone Video ChatVideo Chat
Also Read Answers From:

Comprehensive Medical Second Opinion.Submit your Case

Related Questions & Answers

Suggest ayurvedic treatment for vision problems and fibrocystic mastopathy.

Query: Hello doctor, I am 61 years old and I am 165 cm. I weigh 55 kg. I was found to have the small formation of microcalcinates in the left mammary gland. It was operated and cancer was not found. Diagnosis after surgery was fibrocystic mastopathy. Could you recommend treatment for preventing this proble...  Read Full »

Can delirium be caused by fasting and lack of sleep?

Query: Hello doctor, Can delirium be caused by fasting and lack of sleep? My 25-year-old daughter is delirious. She does not know who she is, thinks she was in a coma, etc. Hospital ran blood and urine test and a cat scan, all were normal. No new medications. I thought it has to be something physical beca...  Read Full »

What can be the reason for lack of sleep and weight gain?

Query: Hello doctor, My mother is 60 years old. She recently got her tests done. She is not able to sleep properly. She is unable to regain her sleep if she wakes up during the night. Can you please go through the reports and let me know what the actual problem is? I am attaching a copy of the test resul...  Read Full »



Ask your health query to a doctor online?

Ask an Ayurveda Specialist Now

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.
Enter Your Health Query
You can upload files and images in the next step.



Disclaimer: All health Q&As published on this website is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek the advice from your physician or other qualified health-care providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website.