Q. My right eye is bigger than the left one. Why do my eyes pain and get watery?

Dr. Alka
This is a premium question & answer published on May 16, 2017 and last reviewed on: Nov 02, 2019

I am a 23 year old girl, who weighs 59 kg and I am 165 cm tall. In some of my pictures, my eyes do not look the same. The right eye is quite bigger than the left one, but my eye lens looks the same size. Are there any ways to solve this problem? Is there any side effects of this? My eyes pain sometimes, and they feel tired and get watery.

#

• This is completely normal, as long as it does not interfere with your vision.
  • Eyes have different parts like lens, sclera, iris, pupil, etc. As you have been talking about lens size that is a different thing, lens size has nothing to do with the overall eye size. You can only see the external size of your eye, which might vary a little bit. Many people have different size of eyes.
  • Not even eyes sometimes the left sided body organs may be a bit different in size from right sided organs, as fingers of one hand may have mild thickness variation from the left hand. As long as these things do not interfere with your normal functioning of the body, do not worry about it.
  • Eye pain, eye tiredness, and watering of eyes may be a matter of concern. It may have various reasons like excessive use of mobile or laptop, inadequate sleep, vision problem, stress, etc.
  • If your eyesight is normal and you do not have excessive stress, then limit the use of mobile, laptop, etc., because excessive blue light can cause all these problems. Try doing the following.
  1. Wash your eyes two to three times a day with fresh water.
  2. Rub your palms against each other and then give that heat to your closed eyes. You can do this 5 to 7 times a day.
  3. Consume a diet rich in vitamin A like carrot, orange, papaya, mango, milk, etc. As vitamin A is good for eyes.
  4. Sleep adequately, for at least 6 to 8 hours a day.
  5. Protect eyes from sunlight. Wear sunglasses while going out.
  • These all are precautionary eye care measures and will help you if the problem is only mild. But, if you have a vision problem and excessive pain, then consult a nearby ophthalmologist, and go for a complete eye check up.

For further queries consult an ayurveda specialist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/ayurveda-specialist

|