Q. I have headaches, eye pain and vomiting. Kindly advice.

This is a premium question & answer published on Jul 26, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I am a 36 year old female. I have a cluster head ache for the past five years. I feel severe pain behind my eye, which normally ends with vomiting. This happens for three to four days at a stretch. I do not want to undergo any surgery immediately. Hence, kindly advise me medications to reduce the pain. I am a nursing mother.

#

I read your query and understand your concerns.

• First of all, I want to inform you that a cluster headache is a type of a migraine and it needs to be managed like one.
  • The guidelines suggest that if you have two or more days lost in a month due to a headache, the prophylaxis or preventive measures should be adopted. In case the frequency is less than that, the medicine should be taken on a need basis.
  • However, cluster headache never lasts for four to five days at a stretch. Most of the headache episodes just last for 15 to 30 minutes and rarely more. If your headache pattern falls in this category, it is then considered as a cluster headache and there is no need to review the diagnosis.
  • Having said this, if the diagnosis of a cluster headache is correct and the frequency of the headache is less than what I mentioned, I suggest you use Naxdom 250 (a combination of Naproxen 250 mg and Domperidone 10 mg) at the initiation of pain.

In case you feel it is something else, as you can infer from the above description, or feel that Naxdom 250 is not helping enough, feel free to ask me. I hope this helps you.

For more information consult a neurologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/neurologist

|