Fenofibrate

Which medicine can be used to get a proper erection?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a married guy of 32 years old. For the past two to three years, I am facing problem to get proper erection. I have already consulted a doctor and he asked me to get some tests done such as cholesterol, sugar and BP. We found that the triglyceride value is more than 350 mg/dL. He advi...  Read Full »

Dr. Kumarshri Shriniwas Saraswat

Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Psychotherapist, Sexologist, Sleep Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are facing both premature ejaculation and erectile dysfunction. Duralast (Dapoxetine) helps with premature ejaculation, but could worsen the problem of erectile dysfunction. For this, you need to take tablet Forzest (Tadalafil) 20 mg along with Duralast one hour befo...  Read Full »

How to reduce triglyceride levels after stent placement?

Query: Hello doctor,How to reduce triglyceride levels, which is 262 as on today. I have a stent placed three years ago.  Read Full »

Cardiologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As you had a stent, you must be on medicines like Atorvastatin or Rosuvastatin, which also helps in lowering triglyceride levels. In spite of these medications, if your triglycerides are elevated, you will need to add one more medicine like tablet Fenofibrate 145 mg, ...  Read Full »

What is the risk of high triglycerides?

Query: Hi doctor, I am having high triglycerides around 250 to 500, but very low LDL around 30 to 45 for the last five years. Kindly help. What should I do? I swim five days a week for 20 minutes daily. I am currently on tablet vitamin B12 and Zinc supplement. I have also attached my laboratory reports.  Read Full »

Criticalcare Physician, Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Gastroenterologist, Nephrologist, Pulmonologist, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. We are here to help you. Increase in triglycerides of this level should be treated with Fenofibrate. I would recommend to reduce potato, rice and sweets. In case you consume alcohol you should quit it. Continue with swimming and in winters do jogging. For further doubts ...  Read Full »

Reports suggest high cholesterol levels. What medicines do you suggest?

Query: Hello doctor,My mom is 66 years old. She is living a healthy life. She has no health complications as such but she complains that she is exhausted after doing very little work. So, just as a measure, we got her blood test done. The reports (lipid profile) suggests that there is some issue with chole...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have evaluated your mother's reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Her cholesterol is high and at this age, she should be started on medicines. Her thyroid levels were high in the previous reports. I want to know the current status. Following ...  Read Full »

My husband's blood sugar level is always high despite the medicines. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, My husband has diabetes for the last 10 years. He is currently on Amaryl M1. He is living a sedentary lifestyle. For the past few months, the sugar level is always high despite the medication. The fasting blood sugar value was around 169, a week back. His other tests like triglycerides...  Read Full »

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through your post and investigations (attachment removed to protect patient identity). I would suggest a stepwise approach. As the blood glucose level is not controlled on Amaryl M 1, increase the dose to Amaryl M 2 (Glimepiride and Metformin), one tablet in the m...  Read Full »

Do I need medicine for triglyceride level of 423?

Query: Hi doctor, My triglyceride level is 423. Do I need a medicine to bring it down? If yes, then which one?  Read Full »

General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Triglyceride level of 423 is quite high and it has to be brought down with dietary control, exercise and medical management. You should also be screened for diabetes and hypertension that coexist with hypertriglyceridemia. I suggest you a combination tablet of Atorvastati...  Read Full »

From my report, kindly advise the preventive measures of future health problem.

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 32 year old male. My height is 6'1" and weight is 120 kg. I had blood tests and need your advice on preventive health care and preventive medication, if any. I am looking forward for your guidance and advice. I am obese since birth with a family history of obesity. I do not have ...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. We are here to help you. I have evaluated your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and there are two main issues. They are deranged lipid profile and vitamin D deficiency. I would recommend to continue vitamin D supplement and following for cholestero...  Read Full »

How to lower triglycerides and cholesterol levels?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 36 year old male with borderline cholesterol. Total cholesterol 200 and triglyceride 200 to 350 mg/dL. I had TMT test and heart echo last year, which were normal. This year, I checked homocysteine, troponin-I and myoglobulin, which were also found to be normal. My three months old...  Read Full »

Dr. Rishu

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen all your reports in detail (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Firstly, I would say that you are a non-smoker and a normotensive person. You are in late 30s. Your TMT and echo were normal and all the cardiac enzymes are normal. Your only sole r...  Read Full »

Do I need to take medicine for high cholesterol?

Query: Hi doctor, I do not have any health issues. But, my cholesterol level is high at 220. Do I need to take any medicine? Please let me know. I have attached my laboratory reports for your reference.  Read Full »

Dr. Abhishek Dixit

Nephrologist, Internal Medicine Physician, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, you should be started on statins preferably Atorvastatin 10 mg at bedtime and also low fat diet and regular exercise for 30 minutes daily. Are suffering from any other disease than high cholesterol? Are you hypertensive or diabetic? What is your age? Revert back with...  Read Full »

Do I need to take medicine for high levels of LDL?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 43 years old. I do not smoke or drink, but my food habits are not very good. Recently, I got my blood checked for Apo B/Apo A and the ratio was really bad at 1.6. The triglyceride is around 474 and this rose from 270 around three months back. My HDL is 26, LDL 116 and TC 237. Let...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. We are here to help you. You definitely need treatment for high cholesterol along with dietary modifications. You need to be started on a combination of Atorvastatin and Fenofibrate. Start regular exercise and avoid oil, rice and potatoes. For blood sugars, you can wait f...  Read Full »