Flu

I have fever with headache and nasal congestion for eight days. Could it be COVID-19 or flu?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a fever for eight days. I have a highest temperature of 38 degrees. I also have headaches, eye pain, and nasal congestion. I suspect it to be a COVID-19. But I do not have a cough and loss of taste and smell sensation. I am taking Paracetamol for fever and it drops for a few hours...  Read Full »

Dr. Ma Loida Sajonas

Family Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is really prudent to rule out COVID-19 (severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2) infection now. Based on your symptoms, you can have other conditions such as acute bacterial rhinosinusitis, as you have nasal congestion. Anyways, Covid or bacterial rhinosinusi...  Read Full »

Can I get HIV after flu shots?

Query: Hi doctor, Yesterday, I had my flu shot. The tables were lined with individual syringe shot packages. The lady was not wearing gloves. She swiped my arm, gave the shot and said that I bled a little. She picked up a small piece of tissue like paper and pressed it on me for a few moments. She did not ...  Read Full »

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, HIV AIDS Specialist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. If she had blood from someone's finger who is HIV positive, then there is a risk. But, such cases are extremely rare. So, I would suggest you not to worry in such hypothetical situation. If she would have blood on her finger, she must have cleaned it with proper measures...  Read Full »

How do you catch a flu?

Query: Hi doctor, Why do we always have runny nose when we catch flu or cold? How do we get flu? I have headache and fever for almost a week. My tongue is sometimes white and lymph is a bit painful to touch but not swollen. Are these the symptoms of flu?  Read Full »

Dr. Arul Amuthan

Ayurveda Specialist, Naturopathy Specialist, Pharmacologist, Siddha Medicine Specialist, Toxicologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com When we get viral or bacterial infection in the nasal tract (upper respiratory tract- nose to throat), the local mucus membrane gets irritated. It leads to more secretion from mucus membrane and that leads to running nose. The fluid is secreted to eliminate the bacteria or...  Read Full »

Can Ibuprofen lower the platelet count?

Query: Hello doctor, I had a hair transplant with 1500 grafts. That means about 3500 1 mm holes were made in my neck area (beard) and scalp and formed crusts and healed. Following my transplant (30 hours later), I had a normal white blood count but platelets were very low (60000), after one week my platel...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Hereby, I am giving you opinion regarding your case. Platelet has seven to 10 days lifespan but it is produced from megakaryocytes continuously. Surgery or wound healing like in hair transplantation will not reduce platelet count. If following surgery infection occu...  Read Full »

I am worried about flu and skin rashes I had after two weeks of unprotected oral sex. Kindly help.

Query: Hello doctor,I received oral sex from a sex worker without condom and sex with a condom. After two weeks, I got flu (no fever), then I was panic, too much stressed and worried. And I had body burn like sunburn about a week. I have a skin rash on my backside and a few spots. I worry about this proble...  Read Full »

Dr. Ravinder Kaur Sachdeva

HIV AIDS Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. 1) Oral sex is a less risky activity, but, that does not mean that it is risk-free. 2) The likelihood of HIV transmission from a person with HIV to a non-HIV infected individual depends on the type of contact involved. 3) The risk of HIV transmission during oral se...  Read Full »

My 15 years old daughter had flu shot two weeks ago and her body temperature is not constant. Kindly help.

Query: Hello doctor, My 15-year-old very healthy, active and fit daughter had the flu shot two weeks ago. Today she woke up this morning with lethargic, chills, shivering, cough, headache and body aches. She is sleeping on and off. Eating a little. It is unusual for her to get anything. No medications or h...  Read Full »

Dr. Prabhakar Laxman Jathar

Diabetologist, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Attack of flu is unlikely to come. However, it is possible to have some other viral infection leading to such symptoms like fever, cold, running nose, chills, and temperature. In such a situation, it is better to use a drug like Paracetamol (Acetaminophen) 10 mg per ...  Read Full »

Can you catch the flu from having intercourse?

Query: Hi doctor, I had sex with a girl I know. The condom broke while having sex. After 30 minutes, I started having the headache. I was distraught. I took the antibiotics. After two days, I had a cold. Can HIV symptoms appear this fast? Or it was because I took the antibiotics? Or I am just panicking?  Read Full »

Dr. Jyotisterna Mittal

Dermatologist, Venereologist, HIV AIDS Specialist, Cosmetologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. HIV (human immunodeficiency virus) symptoms cannot appear so soon. It may be due to an anxiety or just a coincidence. For further queries consult a dermatologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist  Read Full »

Can my 3 year old son lead a normal life after sepsis?

Query: Hi doctor, My 3 year old son was diagnosed with sepsis with SIRS, three days back. But, now his WBC and C-reactive protein are within limits. Will he have sepsis again? He frequently gets wheezing and allergic cough. He is currently taking Amclav.  Read Full »

Dr. Payas Joshi

Child Health Specialist, General Practitioner, Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Sepsis means infection in the blood. If the investigations like CBC (complete blood count), urine culture, blood culture, CRP (C-reactive protein) are normal, it means that the child has been treated for this infection. Usually, this happens because of infecti...  Read Full »

How to avoid cold and flu after winter workout?

Query: Hello doctor, I like to go running. I was a very successful marathon runner when younger. Now I still workout, but my goal, apart from general health is mostly emotional fitness for the job. I work on the phone with customers and I have to be in a strong positive mood to be successful. I am currentl...  Read Full »

Dr. Geetha Priyadarsini Kamminana

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, it is easy to catch cold, particularly if you are in a cold, wet and windy weather. Also, exposure to extremely cold temperature affects you in many ways and can cause frost nip (first stage of frostbite), trench foot (prolonged exposure of feet to cold) and fro...  Read Full »

Cetirizine and Paracetamol for Fever

Query: Hi doctor, When I have the fever, can I take Cetirizine in the morning and then Paracetamol in the afternoon?  Read Full »

Dr. Geethu Thomas

Family Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You mentioned that you have the fever. You can use Paracetamol. You can take it up to three times a day and can stop if your temperature comes down. Now, coming to Cetirizine, it is used for allergy, cold, etc. If you are having a flu type of fever, that is, fever with...  Read Full »

Starting @ just €19.99