Flu

Can Ibuprofen lower the platelet count?

Query: Hello doctor, I had a hair transplant with 1500 grafts. That means about 3500 1 mm holes were made in my neck area (beard) and scalp and formed crusts and healed. Following my transplant (30 hours later), I had a normal white blood count but platelets were very low (60000), after one week my platel...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Hereby, I am giving you opinion regarding your case. Platelet has seven to 10 days lifespan but it is produced from megakaryocytes continuously. Surgery or wound healing like in hair transplantation will not reduce platelet count. If following surgery infection occu...  Read Full »

I am worried about flu and skin rashes I had after two weeks of unprotected oral sex. Kindly help.

Query: Hello doctor,I received oral sex from a sex worker without condom and sex with a condom. After two weeks, I got flu (no fever), then I was panic, too much stressed and worried. And I had body burn like sunburn about a week. I have a skin rash on my backside and a few spots. I worry about this proble...  Read Full »

Dr. Ravinder Kaur Sachdeva

HIV AIDS Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. 1) Oral sex is a less risky activity, but, that does not mean that it is risk-free. 2) The likelihood of HIV transmission from a person with HIV to a non-HIV infected individual depends on the type of contact involved. 3) The risk of HIV transmission during oral se...  Read Full »

My 15 years old daughter had flu shot two weeks ago and her body temperature is not constant. Kindly help.

Query: Hello doctor, My 15-year-old very healthy, active and fit daughter had the flu shot two weeks ago. Today she woke up this morning with lethargic, chills, shivering, cough, headache and body aches. She is sleeping on and off. Eating a little. It is unusual for her to get anything. No medications or h...  Read Full »

Dr. Prabhakar Laxman Jathar

Diabetologist, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Attack of flu is unlikely to come. However, it is possible to have some other viral infection leading to such symptoms like fever, cold, running nose, chills, and temperature. In such a situation, it is better to use a drug like Paracetamol (Acetaminophen) 10 mg per ...  Read Full »

Can you catch the flu from having intercourse?

Query: Hi doctor, I had sex with a girl I know. The condom broke while having sex. After 30 minutes, I started having the headache. I was distraught. I took the antibiotics. After two days, I had a cold. Can HIV symptoms appear this fast? Or it was because I took the antibiotics? Or I am just panicking?  Read Full »

Dr. Jyotisterna Mittal

Dermatologist, Venereologist, HIV AIDS Specialist, Cosmetologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. HIV (human immunodeficiency virus) symptoms cannot appear so soon. It may be due to an anxiety or just a coincidence. For further queries consult a dermatologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist  Read Full »

Can my 3 year old son lead a normal life after sepsis?

Query: Hi doctor, My 3 year old son was diagnosed with sepsis with SIRS, three days back. But, now his WBC and C-reactive protein are within limits. Will he have sepsis again? He frequently gets wheezing and allergic cough. He is currently taking Amclav.  Read Full »

Dr. Payas Joshi

Child Health Specialist, General Practitioner, Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Sepsis means infection in the blood. If the investigations like CBC (complete blood count), urine culture, blood culture, CRP (C-reactive protein) are normal, it means that the child has been treated for this infection. Usually, this happens because of infecti...  Read Full »

How to avoid cold and flu after winter workout?

Query: Hello doctor, I like to go running. I was a very successful marathon runner when younger. Now I still workout, but my goal, apart from general health is mostly emotional fitness for the job. I work on the phone with customers and I have to be in a strong positive mood to be successful. I am currentl...  Read Full »

Dr. Geeta Priyadarsini Kamminana

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, it is easy to catch cold, particularly if you are in a cold, wet and windy weather. Also, exposure to extremely cold temperature affects you in many ways and can cause frost nip (first stage of frostbite), trench foot (prolonged exposure of feet to cold) and fro...  Read Full »

Cetirizine and Paracetamol for Fever

Query: Hi doctor, When I have the fever, can I take Cetirizine in the morning and then Paracetamol in the afternoon?  Read Full »

Dr. Geethu Thomas

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You mentioned that you have the fever. You can use Paracetamol. You can take it up to three times a day and can stop if your temperature comes down. Now, coming to Cetirizine, it is used for allergy, cold, etc. If you are having a flu type of fever, that is, fever with...  Read Full »

Why am I having cold sweats and high temperature after a flu injection?

Query: Hello doctor, I had my flu injection a week back. And ever since I have been really ill. I have had cold sweats and very high temperature. I have not eaten anything as I am sick. I am drinking plenty but still in bed and have no strength. I have had this flu injection every year but have never felt...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Usually, the flu vaccine is very safe and no adverse effects occur in most of the patients. But unfortunately, your symptoms suggest side effects of the flu shot. It can be managed according to a predominant presentation. You can be prescribed Ibuprofen for pain and ...  Read Full »

I am suffering from fever, headache and cold since yesterday.

Query: Hello doctor, I have fever, headache, and cold from yesterday night. I took Paracetamol. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Ayesha Naveed

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are most probably suffering from common cold and flu. The headache is due to sinusitis. I suggest you try taking the following: Tablet Panadol Extra (Paracetamol and Caffeine) after every 8 hours for three days. Tablet Fexet-D (Fexofenadine and Pseudoephe...  Read Full »

Could my HIV test be false negative as I got tested after six years of exposure?

Query: Hi doctor,I would like to begin with my dropped CD4 count of 350, which I had six years ago. Two weeks later, it raised to 398. The doctor said it could be entirely reasonable for a woman to have a count of CD4 around 400. The reason for dropping maybe due to a previous infection and stress. I had ...  Read Full »

Dr. Rakesh Kumar Bahunuthula

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, HIV AIDS Specialist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. HIV infection has a window period of one or two months during which the tests can show false negative results. According to WHO (World Health Organisation), all results for HIV are considered conclusive at 12 weeks after the last exposure. As your tests are negative even...  Read Full »