Green Tea

Are low WBC and vitamin deficiency related?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 56 years old. My body mass index is 21. I used to smoke for around 19 years and I stopped it before four years. I had my blood test done last week. My white blood cell count is 3.4 and I have attached the reports with this. What test should I do in order to figure out the cause of ...  Read Full »

Dr. Muhammad M. Hanif Md.

Cardiologist, Criticalcare Physician, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have thoroughly gone through your case and reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). I can well understand your genuine health concerns.  Read Full »

Can I take green tea while on antipsychotics?

Query: Hi doctor, I am on antipsychotics - Amisulpride 100 mg and Abilify 20 mg. Can I have green tea extract along with these drugs?  Read Full »

Dr. Ravi M Soni

Geriatrician, Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Sexologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your concerns. Green tea extract has very good antioxidant properties. Its antioxidant properties equalthat of vitamins A and E. So, you can take it along with your antipsychotic medications. There are no interactions with the drugs you are taking. However...  Read Full »

Can I take green tea to increase efficiency of weight loss workout?

Query: Hi doctor, I have started my workout for weight loss. My query is about increasing efficiency. Which should I take or which would be safe and effective for me? Green tea extract or green coffee? Is there any specific brand I should purchase?  Read Full »

Dr. Suneetha B S

Diabetologist, Family Physician, Microbiologist, Nutritionist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Green tea contains antioxidants and has some positive effects on the skin and body. It can also be used as a low calorie refreshing beverage in place of your regular coffee or tea. But do not rely on it for your weight loss. It does not have the effects as shown in a...  Read Full »

Please suggest ways to control bad odor due to stomach problem.

Query: Hi doctor, I am a regular alcoholic. The problem is that I have bad smell due to stomach problem. Suggest me how to cure bad smell. Thank you.  Read Full »

Dr. Rashi Verma

General Practitioner, Family Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. With little changes in diet and lifestyle, it is possible to remove the bad smell. Have food in a proper manner and always have smaller bites. Eat slowly and chew your food thoroughly so that all of what you eat gets digested. Do not gulp your food. While having...  Read Full »

I have ordered kottakal arya vaidya manasa mitra vatakam. What is the recommended dosage for mild anxiety/tension.

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 24 year old male. I have ordered Manasamitra Vatakam. What is the recommended dosage for mild anxiety and tension? Is there any possible side effects? Would you also recommend any mild medicine other than this such as Ashwagandha? If so please tell me dosage and brand name. Also su...  Read Full »

Dr. Airicha Mittal

Ayurveda Specialist, Nutritionist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Sorry, I cannot offer any comment on Manasamitra Vatakam that is prescribed by other doctor. However, for medical problem like mild anxiety and tension, the following medicine is suggested for 15 days. Capsule Tagara (Valeriana wallichi) 250 mg 1 bd. It should be taken ha...  Read Full »

Why do I get anxiety and hot flushes at 4 PM everyday?

Query: Hello doctor, I recently was referred to a renal specialist for low sodium levels by my primary care physician. After a complete kidney workup, he said that they were functioning well. But, he changed my hypertension medicine from Lisinopril to Losartan and discontinued my diuretics. As a result, my...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I am not sure why he was reluctant to put you back on Lisinopril when you had no real issues with it in the first place. Both Lisinopril and Losartan are sister medications but from two different groups that works pretty much in the same way. If your kidneys are tolera...  Read Full »

Why am I feeling drowsy post lunch?

Query: Hello doctor, My college is in a location that is away from my home. I have joined a mess for having food. There excess soda is used in rotis for profit purpose. Due to which, after having lunch I feel drowsy and is compelled to sleep in half an hour from then. And that is the only reason, my study ...  Read Full »

Dr. Alka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As you mentioned that your problem is due to the food you have been taking from your mess, you can simply overcome your problem by avoiding that particular mess's food and you can take food from another place. In case it is difficult for you to avoid that mess and no o...  Read Full »

Why is it important to boost metabolism naturally?

Query: Hi doctor, Why is it important to boost metabolism naturally? Are there any foods that can boost metabolism? If so, how often should they be eaten and how should they be prepared? Are there any herbal supplements to boost metabolism? What are some of the common misconceptions of boosting metaboli...  Read Full »

Dr. Muhammad M. Hanif Md.

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com.  Read Full »

Can I consume some powder to gain weight?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 33 year old male. My uric acid level is 7.2. Can I consume some powder for gaining weight? Sometime, I feel stiffness and joint pain. Please help me.  Read Full »

Dr. Kahlil Subramanian

Yoga Specialist, Naturopathy Specialist, Nutritionist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your uric acid level is merely elevated and it is borderline. But, there is no need to scare all about it. The most excellent way to gain your weight is through exercise and proper diet. You possibly may gain your weight in a healthy approach without taking any kind of s...  Read Full »