Q. Is it true that baldness is hereditary?

Dr. Raman Kaushik
This is a premium question & answer published on Jul 07, 2016 and last reviewed on: May 26, 2020

I am 20 years old. My hair is getting thin. As my father is bald,  I fear that I will also get bald. Also, I want to improve my skin texture. Please help.

Dr. Raman Kaushik

#

• It is well known that baldness or alopecia have a strong genetic connection.
  • Hair fall and losing hair texture is also very common after the age of adolescent due to androgen (androgenic alopecia).
  • Hair fall is also triggered by unhealthy and stressful lifestyle.
  • Consider the following advice to have healthy hairs:
  1. Avoid oily and spicy food items.
  2. Avoid late night studies or regular night shifts.
  3. Avoid excessive consumption of tea or coffee.
  4. Do regular exercises and take balanced diet at regular interval which includes green leafy vegetables, salad and seasonal fruits, etc.
  • For your present complaint of thinning of hairs, you can start applying Hairbac oil over the hair roots, daily at night and massage gently.
  • If you have dandruff problem, then use Trichup shampoo.

For further information consult an ayurveda specialist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/ayurveda-specialist

| 

What shall I do for the improvement of skin texture? Also, I am taking Ashwagandha. Could it lead to hair fall?

Dr. Raman Kaushik

#

• Ashwagandha is a neurotonic medicine and also given to improve body strength.
  • It is better to take Manjishtadi kashaya 20 mL, by adding an equal amount of water twice a day after meal. It is a very potent ayurvedic medicine for blood purification.
  • A good intake of water and appropriate fruits and salad is also advised with this.

|