Q. Why are hairless patches forming in my beard?

Dr. Sampada Avinash Thakare
Published on Jul 08, 2017

There is a hairless patch forming in my beard. The hairless patch feels smoother. Please help.

Dr. Sampada Avinash Thakare

Cosmetology Dermatology Venereology
#

1. Desowen cream (Desonide), twice daily.
  2. Visit a dermatologist for intralesional steroid injection (ILS), it helps hair regrowth. It is given once in three weeks.
  3. Oral zinc supplement, tablet Zinfate, once daily for a month.

Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and start taking the medicines after their consent.

For more information consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

What is the treatment for the scar on my face?

Query: Hello doctor, I have these marks which were initially boils. I have had these marks on my chin before but was not so bad, but the other day I had three boils and it made the marks on my face look more standing out as before they were not noticeable. I used hot water on my boils and I think that it ...  Read Full »

Baby has white patch on cheeks though pimples are gone. Is it seborrheic dermatitis?

Query: Hello doctor, My 1 and a half month old baby is having mild cradle cap and cluster of red pimples on his face. The area is quite dry even though the pimples are gone. This has left a white patch or discoloration on his cheeks. Is this atopic dermatitis or seborrheic dermatitis? How long will it l...  Read Full »

I got some white patch with rashes on skin. What could it be?

Query: Hi doctor, I got some white patch with rashes. I feel it sometime itchy. It is the same for last two weeks neither increasing nor decreasing. Applied face cream and cow ghee. I have attached the photos for your reference.  Read Full »