Q. Why are hairless patches forming in my beard?

Dr. Sampada Avinash Thakare
This is a premium question & answer published on Jul 08, 2017 and last reviewed on: Nov 19, 2021

There is a hairless patch forming in my beard. The hairless patch feels smoother. Please help.

#

1. Desowen cream (Desonide), twice daily.
  2. Visit a dermatologist for intralesional steroid injection (ILS), it helps hair regrowth. It is given once in three weeks.
  3. Oral zinc supplement, tablet Zinfate, once daily for a month.

Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and start taking the medicines after their consent.

For more information consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

|