Q. I am 28 years old. Can I increase my height?

Dr. Revathi Sundaramurthy
Published on Sep 28, 2019 and last reviewed on: Oct 04, 2019

Is it possible to increase height after 28 years? My weight is 68 Kg.

Dr. Revathi Sundaramurthy

Ayurveda Specialist Dietician Nutritionist Yoga
#

As your age is 28 years you cannot increase your height by yoga or any other exercises. In men the skeletal maturity (growth plate maturity) is attained at the age of 18 to 22 years after which bones cannot grow further. Hence, there is cessation of the vertical growth in humans.

You have not mentioned your height, so I cannot determine your BMI. If at all your BMI is towards medium to obese, definitely through yoga and stretching exercises you can remodel your body so that you can appear taller rather than short and stout.

Will protein powder enhance children's height?

Query: Hi doctor,I have a son and a daughter. My height is 5.7 and wife is 5.1. I am extremely worried about my children height as we are short. My daughter is now 3 years 10 months old and have 14.5 kg weight and 38 inches tall. She had seizure thrice and taking some sodium liquid medicine for the past th...  Read Full >>

Dr. Payas Joshi
Child Health Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. I will try to sort it out for you. As you told me father's height 5.7 that is 170 cm and mother's height is 5.1 that is 155 cm. According to both of your heights, which is an average height of most of the people, the target range fo...  Read Full

Please suggest yoga asanas that would improve blood flow to testicles.

Query: Hi doctor, Please suggest me the yoga names to improve blood flow to the testicles. I have weak erections, watery semen, and loss of libido. I am taking Pantogem DSR for indigestion and Stalopam plus for stress. My local doctor prescribed these medicines.  Read Full >>

Dr. Shakti Mishra
Nutritionist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Continue with the prescribed medication. Along with that meditation, exercises, and yoga can help improve your condition. Deep breathing, inhalation through nose and exhalation through the mouth, improves blood circulation. Suryanamaskar is the most efficient form ...  Read Full

How much does lack of exercise during growing years stunt growth?

Query: Hello doctor, How much does lack of exercise during growing years stunt growth? How many inches does it usually subtract from your adult height?  Read Full >>

Dr. Aditi Gupta Jha

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As of right now, there are no studies to calculate inches lost by physical exercise. However, height is a function of genetics and your parental and ancestral genes play a major role in your physical appearance, but a small amount of environmental change does affect ...  Read Full

Ask a Yoga Specialist Now