Q. Will doing exercise during growing years help in increasing height?

Dr. Aditi Gupta Jha

How much does lack of exercise during growing years stunt growth? How many inches does it usually subtract from your adult height?

#

As of right now, there are no studies to calculate inches lost by physical exercise. However, height is a function of genetics and your parental and ancestral genes play a major role in your physical appearance, but a small amount of environmental change does affect physical growth, and no exercise can stunt your height significantly but not measurably. Since is are no fixed number, different people have different height ranges. Some are born in tall families and some in short, hence a number for stunted height cannot be calculated based on exercise alone. Nonetheless, physical exercise plays an extremely important role to increase at least two inches of physical height on average.

| 
1 out of 1 likes