Q. Give me some yoga tips to cure breathing problem.

Dr. Vinod Kumar
Published on Oct 20, 2014 and last reviewed on: Oct 25, 2019

How to cure "hard breath" while performing activity? Give me some tips in yoga.

#

It is not very clear from your mail what exactly you mean by "hard breath". I consider it "difficulty in breathing" and my answer is based on difficulty in breathing. Difficulty in breathing is a non-specific symptom and can be due to a wide variety of reasons. As the symptom is related to lungs, my explanation is based on that. So, if your symptoms are due to a problem with the lungs, then you can follow these guidelines for yoga:

Useful pranayama (breathing exercise) are Anuloma viloma (27 rounds), sectional breathing (5 breaths each), bhramari (9 rounds) and kapalbhati.

Useful asanas (yoga poses) are basically chest openers like bhujangasana, ardhachakrasana, matsyasana, ustrasana, vakrasana, ardhamatsyendrasana,simple inverted postures like sarvangasana, and ardhasirsasana. Complementary postures needed to be followed are a mandatory part of yoga practices. Each asana is to be maintained for five normal breaths.

All the practices should be done slowly.

Kapalbhati has to be started at a slow pace and then gradually increase the pace. If your disease is stable, then start at 30 strokes/minute.

Meditation and chanting are especially beneficial for allergic bronchitis and asthma patients.

Start yoga practices under supervision.

No yoga session is successful without yogic understanding and yogic counseling.

Start with these yoga practices for one hour per day.

You can report back to a yoga specialist online for further follow up --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/yoga-specialist

Please suggest yoga asanas that would improve blood flow to testicles.

Query: Hi doctor, Please suggest me the yoga names to improve blood flow to the testicles. I have weak erections, watery semen, and loss of libido. I am taking Pantogem DSR for indigestion and Stalopam plus for stress. My local doctor prescribed these medicines.  Read Full >>

Dr. Shakti Mishra
Nutritionist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Continue with the prescribed medication. Along with that meditation, exercises, and yoga can help improve your condition. Deep breathing, inhalation through nose and exhalation through the mouth, improves blood circulation. Suryanamaskar is the most efficient form ...  Read Full

I was diagnosed with bronchitis in ER. Is it the correct diagnosis?

Query: Hello doctor, I was diagnosed with bronchitis today in the emergency room. I felt very weak and had difficulty breathing and could not wait for my doctor's appointment in two weeks. I have an unproductive cough for a month and a half and burning in my chest. I have attached my reports. Do you se...  Read Full >>

Dr. Suneel Mukati
Pulmonologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. According to your present and past history, it could be allergic rhinitis with bronchial asthma if rhonchi present on auscultation. it could be bronchitis in which rhonchi may or may not be present. I have gone through the reports (attachment removed to protect pati...  Read Full

Does yoga help in lowering BP?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 34 year old unmarried male. My weight is 70 kg and my height is 5'7". Recently, I checked my BP and it was 150/100 mmHg. Please suggest some medicine to reduce my BP. Shall I follow yoga or pranayama for lowering my BP? What all foods should I take and avoid?  Read Full >>

Dr. Santhosh M D
Ayurveda Specialist, Yoga Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com.  When you adopt ayurveda lifestyle and yoga practices, it will cure the condition without any doubt.  Avoid salt intake and spicy food as much as possible. Avoid fast food, deep fried foods and preservatives. Eat more fresh vegetables and drink three liters of water da...  Read Full

Ask a Yoga Specialist Now