Q. What diet can be followed to reduce pitta dosha?

Dr. Arul Amuthan
Published on Nov 06, 2018

I take Thyronorm 50 daily. TSH is at 4 but free T3 is low, at 4.0, causing lethargy. I was recommended TFN-34 but last two months they have not helped. Any alternative to TFN-34 and how to increase energy levels? Also, my prakruti is Kapha-Pitta and in the afternoon I get a severe headache but to increase in pitta dosha, my lunch is generally veggies, pulses with minimal raw salad. I do not consume ghee. So, please help me with diet part to reduce pitta dosha. I have no acidity symptoms.

Dr. Arul Amuthan

Ayurveda Specialist Naturopathy Pharmacology Siddha Medicine Toxicology
#

You continue both these drugs. I think the Thyronorm dose could be increased slightly after discussing with your clinician, which will reduce your lethargy. You also consume more cumin, turmeric, coriander, small onion, cardamom, in food. They can balance pitha. You buy Eclipta alba, dry it and store it. Daily you should add bringaraj 5 gm, jeera 5 gm in 150 ml of milk or water, boil for 20 minutes, then filter and drink. This needs to be done morning and night regularly. Prepare freshly every time. This will help in regulating the thyroid hormonal feedback system, give adequate energy and also balances three doshas (vaatha, pitha and kabha). Also apply bringaraj hair oil daily on hair, half an hour before bath. This also helps in balancing piththam and kapha.

Is there an ayurveda treatment for nonretractable foreskin?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 22 years old. I am unable to retract my foreskin in both flaccid and erect state. Please suggest.  Read Full >>

Dr. Niveditha Srinivasamurthy

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. How long have you been having this problem? Is there any swelling or redness in that area? Difficulty in retraction is due to lack of elasticity of skin and lack of lubrication. For this you need to lubricate yourself internally and externally. For internal lubrication, ...  Read Full

How can I overcome the warming effects of Ashwagandha?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 38 year old male. I started taking Ashwagandha 500 mg per day, a few months ago, and it improved my memory, attention, etc. But after a month, I began to have night sweats, agitation, weird sensations in the neck area and protruding eyes. I have read that Ashwagandha is excess ...  Read Full >>

Dr. Rahul Rathee
General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. I have carefully read all the details provided by you and here is the solution. Never take Ashwagandha with ghee. Take it with cold milk, without sugar. Take Ashwagandha only three days a week, taking it continuously in high doses for too...  Read Full

Kidney Stones: Causes, Management and Prevention

Article Overview: One in every 20 people develop kidney stones at some point in their life. Here is an article to know about kidney stones, its management and prevention. Read Article

Dr. Revathi Sundaramurthy

What is a Kidney Stone? Kidney stones (renal calculi) are hard mineral deposits like calcium, oxalate and phosphorus that form inside the kidneys. They vary in size. A minute stone may pass on its own, causing little or no pain, while stones more than 3mm of size gets stuck in ureters and block the...  Read Article

Ask an Ayurveda Specialist Now